1/48 Bristol Beaufighter MkVI - Mediterranean Theatre of Operations

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I was going to mention that the colours look off a bit but if it's your camera, then carry on! As you have achieved a number of firsts, I'd say you did well, though the colours as they appear in the pic look very different from the browns of a standard desert scheme.

Here we go getting ready for decals. Under carriage engine nacelles etc are only dry fitted for now

20150107_192317_resized.jpg

What counts for super detailing at my entry level lol

20150107_193033_resized.jpg

I painted a dark background and added some aluminium highlights to give at least a hint there are some lights in there, and will pinch holes in the gun covers later

Last edited:
On the subject of colours maybe I am not too far out

I have re read terrys epic beau build more than once and his mid stone colour has the darker greener appearance too …

In the mean time I have emailed the UK Tamiya distributor to see if they will send replacement decals before I panic

I'm afraid but your attachment to the post #45 and #46 has been enclosed wrongly. Could you edit them and attach these pics again ?

Now both of them are displaying properly. THX for editing. Have you attached them with the option for uplading accessed with the Quick Replay window?

I have thought it had to be the Quick Replay option. It seems that the plugin of the Flash uploader can work a little bit oddly. Sometimes.

Good stuff so far. I'm presuming that the colour which looks brown is the Dark Earth. If that's the case then the Mid Stone definitely looks very green, even allowing for light and colour balance - the colours in the background of the shot look OK, so I'm thinking that paint is way off.
Unless there's something in the paint, or the lighting set-up, causing anomolous reflection, which is a situation where a photogrpahic film, or sensor, records closer to an actual colour, rather than how the eye would perceive it. It used to happen a lot in wedding photography, where a man's black suit would appear blue, or reddish brown !
Is there by any chance a fluoresecent lamp in the room?

Vallejo doesn't mean correct. Where is the old Humbrol Mid Stone ? I always liked its shade.

Yep, I'd dump that paint, as there shouldn't be even a hint of green in the shade. I mixed Humbrol Dark Earth with white and a touch of yellow to get the Mid Stone, so a simple mix of available paints, until it looks right, should do the trick.
Sorry to say that the present colour is nowhere near any colour scheme I'm aware off, with that green shade.

Let us know if you need replacement decals before paying for any replacements. Should be lots of pares about.

I've never used Vallejo paints but some of their pre-mixed colours I've seen on this forum did not look right to me. But that's just my opinion.

I am guessing you are using model air range ?
I use model colour range from Vallejo and have not had many problems with colours, I will check later what number paint I used for mid stone on my Spitfire I have in the Gb !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back