1/48 Bristol Beaufighter MkVI - Mediterranean Theatre of Operations (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Bit more progress, the fuselage is buttoned up and done some cleaning up and dry fitting on the wings

The fit really is excellent after my dora nightmares it nice and a confidence building ….

More pics to follow when its looking a bit beau shaped

Just a quick shot of it starting to look more beau shaped …

20141201_201709_resized.jpg

As an aside in the pic of the rather used looking beau over malta in my signature, any theories about the bright patch between the cockpit and the ariel dome? Seems like a big area to be missing paint ?

Or we have big big seagulls in Malta? ;)

:lol: I would say you did.

To be a little bit more serious I would say that it looks like an area with paint peeled off. The entire kite was wearing a quite shabby uniform at that time judging by her pic. Please notice the same effect at the area between the port engine nacelle and the air intake at the wing leading edge.

Beau 272 Squadron_a.jpg

Beau 272 Squadron_1.jpg

Beau 272 Squadron_.jpg

Thanks Wurger in that last enlarged view it almost looks like spilled paint! lol It sure wasn't in showroom condition.

Collector rings also appear different, replacement parts I guess which have weathered in at different rates

xmas and real life have been a bit much this week so haven't don't much photogenic work, just some dry fitting and sanding and pondering starting some paint ….

well i have put some paint on but not too happy. The new airbrush is way better. I think I made my masking a bit high though as I have very soft demarcation . I may have another go. Pics to follow

As an aside I am mostly reading up on weathering techniques, as by the looks of some of the reference pics its almost impossible to over do the "used " look on these malta based beaus lol

20150106_214911_resized.jpg

Starting to look a little beau shaped, very much a work in progress as I try out some of the things I have read about on here … got to start somewhere

Lots of firsts here, first time I have airbrushed raf camo …first time I have used my new airbrush, first time I have tried to add a lighter colour to panels to denote some fading, first go at a little panel line work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back