1/48 Bristol F.2b / Davidson RFC – From WW1 to WW2 GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

N4521U

Colonel
Nov 1, 2009
Miranda, NSW
Another of my Davidson group. 2nd victory listed, in an F.2b....... 04, Oct. 1917, 1140, 111 Sqn, Bristol F.2b (A7192), Albatros D.III (OOC) Huj-Beit Hanun. I will be using the photo below of the same serial range for the paint scheme.

Username: N4521U
First name: Bill
Category: Advanced
Scale: 1/48
Manufacturer: Roden Bristol F.2b
Extras.... non planned, oh well Vic's little twisty thingies probably...... and a bottle of Johnny please!

From Wikipedia
Lieutenant Charles Robert Davidson (born 1896, Scotland, date of death unknown) was a World War I flying ace credited with six aerial victories. Davidson was posted to 14 Squadron in the Middle East in early 1917. He scored his first victory with them, driving
down an enemy observation plane out of control at Beit Hanum on 23 September 1917. He transferred to 111 Squadron when it was founded as the fighter unit for the Middle East, and scored his second win on 4 October. Davidson then upgraded to a two-seater Bristol F.2 Fighter, which he used for four more wins, between 17 and 29 December 1917. For one of these triumphs, fellow ace
Frederick John Knowles manned the guns in the rear seat. Davidson's final score was three enemy planes forced to land and then destroyed, and three driven down out of control. He left 111 Squadron on 9 January 1918, five days before he was awarded a Military Cross.

C.R.Davidson served in the Highland Light Infantry before transferring to the RFC for flight training.

Attachments

• GB16 F.2b Dvdsn 1a.jpg
    GB16 F.2b Dvdsn 1a.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 191
  • GB16 F.2b Dvdsn 1b.jpg
    GB16 F.2b Dvdsn 1b.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 198
  • GB16 F.2b Dvdsn 1c.jpg
    GB16 F.2b Dvdsn 1c.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 209
  • GB16 F.2b Dvdsn 1d.jpg
    GB16 F.2b Dvdsn 1d.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 183
  • GB16 F.2b Dvdsn 1e.jpg
    GB16 F.2b Dvdsn 1e.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 221
Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, the balsa one will come a bit later tho..... cogitating on that one.

***Paul, you may be right. But by percentages, the helicopter is soooo much more work. And silly me, I want to do two more HS-4 birds.

Last edited:
Don't blame you. I have built 30 or so '109's over the years. Someday I may get it right.
Cogitating, coagutating...to-mato, tah-mato.

I was wondering when we might end up with a bit of a Bristol in here, good choice mate and Ohh so much rigging. Watch out for the Roden decals Bill, there very unforgiving.

I was wondering when we might end up with a bit of a Bristol in here, good choice mate and Ohh so much rigging. Watch out for the Roden decals Bill, there very unforgiving.

Thanks for the heads up, but may have to get others for the serial number. Dang, I didn't include that at the top.

First installment then. Fortunately the kit is brilliant, as the reviews I read have stated. Parts have little flashing and the fit on the parts so far is really nice.

Some parts are pretty simple in representation, the seat for instance is actually wicker, but is just a round back bucket in the kit. So I have drilled a few holes in a pattern to mimic the weave and a cushioned top rail with a piece of round styrene. Worth the effort I hope??????

The engine is nicely detailed. Broke both exhaust headers, but recovered okay. The engine support rails are thin and a bit fragile as well but they fit into everything as nicely as the other parts. Actually All the itty bitty parts on the engine are fragile, but more to scale I guess is why.

I sailor on.

Attachments

• GB16 F.2b Dvdsn 2.jpg
    GB16 F.2b Dvdsn 2.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 182

Users who are viewing this thread

Back