1/48 Bristol F.2b / Davidson RFC – From WW1 to WW2 GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Some great reference material there Even and thanks for the share ideas Bill, always like to try something new.

Very cool, I'll have to use this method in the future :D I usually just paint them on the sprue and fill in the paint a bit later, sand and voila :D This method that your using is great :D

Igor, until I came onto the forum I had never considered finishing on the sprue. But now I do leave the small stuff attached and do my seam finishing while attached. I shake my head now thinking back to removing all the tiny parts and trying to keep them in my fingers.

I use old yogurt cups to hold the parts for painting by airbrush. I usually poke a hole in the bottom of the cup to hold the piece by the pin used for glueing, but if there is more than one pin I stick them in the blue tac. I use blue tac a lot for holding parts. If I am attaching something very small to another part I will stick it to a cup bottom to steady it.

I'm rambling. Taking a small break until I get back on this one.

Bill

Back on to the #16GB.

Looking at the reference pics again Evan, Is this a later model? The kit I have does not have valve covers on the engine.....

Speaking of which, engine is painted, am going to add some plumbing and wiring, I think. This would be the V model F.2b so one machine gun is in order.

Going to practice wood graining the 4 blade prop. This one will be using the two blade prop.

Attachments

• GB16 F.2b Dvdsn 4a.jpg
    GB16 F.2b Dvdsn 4a.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 72
  • GB16 F.2b Dvdsn 4b.jpg
    GB16 F.2b Dvdsn 4b.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 71
No idea Bill to be honest. Label simply states it's an 8 cylinder 300 hp Hispano-Suiza V-motor, which (according to Wiki) makes it a Type 16.

I googled surviving F.2Bs, and it appears to be F.2B Be/66, restored in 1989 and displayed at the Brussels Musee de l'Armee.

Loooking good, I love the engine :)

Front engine section is done.....
I'm attempting wood grane, and I am ready for Johnny Walkers help!!!!!! Could someone please send him to my place!

Attachments

• GB16 F2b Dvdsn 5.bmp
    449.8 KB · Views: 49

Users who are viewing this thread

Back