1/48 Bristol F.2b / Davidson RFC – From WW1 to WW2 GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Motor looks really great, Bill. Well done...

When do we get a look at the Bristol in Balsa ?

Charles

Charles, it will be a start to finish build. I'm going to have to set up a place to do this, the end of the dining room table will be a No Go zone for a balsa kit I am afraid. Cuz this is where I work now.

Work today, so no progress on the F.2b till tonight. Got to sort out the exterior paint colors at the LHS.

Charles, it will be a start to finish build. I'm going to have to set up a place to do this, the end of the dining room table will be a No Go zone for a balsa kit I am afraid. Cuz this is where I work now.

Work today, so no progress on the F.2b till tonight. Got to sort out the exterior paint colors at the LHS.

:( why not just try completing it and if it doesn't pan out go to the start to finish at the end if you really want to :S

Oh Igor,
It's because I work in the dining room.
And it's not a place I can be gluing up balsa.
The woman I love tolerates me using the end of the table for Small things.
I am afraid tacking things to the table is way far out of the question.
No spare room, no garage.......
Now if my M-in law would just...

Sorry, I suddenly saw the error of my ways....

First attempt at wood grain.......... did the light color first, bass-ackwards from the description by someone else. Did the brass leading edge trim, just to see....

Now I need to know the rotation of the prop, as there is a left and right prop.

Did some gauges on the instrument panel.

Little by little.

Attachments

• GB16 F2b Dvdsn 5a.jpg
    GB16 F2b Dvdsn 5a.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 63
  • GB16 F2b Dvdsn 5b.jpg
    GB16 F2b Dvdsn 5b.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Moving right along. Looks good, Bill. Better mend your ways or your M-I-L will disinherit you ! :evil4:

Would like to see the "Balsa Bristol" in the GB.....

Charles

The wood grain turned out great :) did you use oil paint? (it need like 4-7 days to dry depending on which solution you used to thin it)

Aye I understand the family things and not having a garage :( hope you get one soon :)

Don't have any oils, so it was struggeling with acrylics. Then clear top coat on the prop.

The panel I used instrument decals. Punched them out to circles. Put them in water to slide off. Put a spot of floor polish on the panel, then slid the instrument decal onto the spot, pressed it on to kinda dry with TP. then covered with another spot of polish. When dry, finished off the whole panel with polish.

Will be painting the inside of the cockpit sides today.

I sailor on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back