1/48 Bristol F.2b / Davidson RFC – From WW1 to WW2 GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Very nice job so far Bill. That sucks when work calls you at home. When I used to work in the paper mill, they used to call me all the time to work over-time, I would just laugh and hang up. Four work days/four George days is a good ratio. Oh yeah....love the wood grain.

Geo

Thanks for all the too kind words, but the wood grain is a bit..... well, you know, first try and all that.

Been painting and some assembly today. I'm using Tamiya spray cans, US Navy White for the linen, Olive Drab for the green, and White for the white! Duh. Seems the inside is linen as the under side of the wings? Not sure. I may spray the tail red white and blue instead of using the deckles. The interior is pretty sparse. Will be buttoning up the fusey soon. The landing gear spreader bars are a bit tricky, I've seen pictures of them with what looks like bungee cords wrapped around them. There were no front brakes.

Now I will have to review Vic's method of stringing this baby up..... yeh, I'm sure looking forward to That!

Attachments

• GB16 F2b Dvdsn 7.jpg
    GB16 F2b Dvdsn 7.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 70
I can. The interior is the doped linen, but it would be darker than the underside of the wings on account of the green paint over the top of the outside doped linen. The landing gear from that era had rubber cords, "bungee", as shock absorbers.

I can. The interior is the doped linen, but it would be darker than the underside of the wings on account of the green paint over the top of the outside doped linen. The landing gear from that era had rubber cords, "bungee", as shock absorbers.

Thanks for that Paul. I figured the bungee thingies were as a shock absorber, didn't add much weight. Went to my LHS, they let me down again, no suitable tubing. Will have to go to Vic's supplier. Then the fun part begins.

I can't remember if this happened last year at this time, spending morte time with a fork full of food in my face than building??? Dunno.

But I have done some stuff today, painting wings, horiz stabs and rudder. Photos later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back