1/48 Bristol F.2b / Davidson RFC – From WW1 to WW2 GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Engine and prop look great Bill.

Nothing to Show tonight. I been busy just finishing off the mold flashing on almost everything. Have determined which prop to use and have cleaned That up. Had to fill a couple of sink spots on the face near the hub. Finished adding some more tubing to the engine, and then painting. Putting all the bits on the wings, bell cranks and stuff. Cleaning up the parts for the cockpit, ammo cases for the gun station. The wing struts are clean and ready to wood grain. Just a lot of stuff to clean flashing off of, and bl00dy fiddley.

I sailor on.

I failed to thank all of you for looking in and your comments.

I count on y'all to keep me on the right path if I wander off and make an error somewhere.
Things skewiff, mistaken colors, things needed to be removed or added.
Them are more than welcome, and I attribute my successes to them.
Oh boy, I know I will be making blunders!

Been cleaning more flashing this morning before work. Painting more odd pieces here and there. Coming together okay.

I sailor on.

I would like to see some more sailing too ! :D

Sometimes its a challenge to get a picture up, and some times the smaller work slips the mind at times and you only notice later that it would of been a cool update :D I hope to see more work soon :)

Awright, yah bullied me into it......

This is all I got to show for my time. Another bl00dy ear infection is slowing me down. Seems I have developed an nervous psoriasis. Ebbs and flows with aggravation. My boss has been giving me the sh!ts. Even called me yesterday here at home to tell me little things I did, not to his liking. Nothing Wrong, just not his way. Finally told him to find some other schmuck to do the work. Now You tell Me, would you spend an hour to an hour and a half on the road, for one hours work????????

I digress. Ive made a floor that I can wood grain. Since I will have the engine showing I have cut the cowling, done some little seam filling with super glue and will thin the edges to have more scale. repainted the machine gun ring, more accurate colors. painted the gunners seat. painted and drilled the end of the exhaust. The white tube over the engine is styrene. The gun had a shroud thru the radiator housing. Painted the ammo cans that hang on the side of the gunners station. Put all the bell cranks on the wings, horiz stabs and rudder. Cleaned the prop. Painted the control stick and aiming tube for under the top wing.

Among other things.

Attachments

• GB16 F2b Dvdsn 6.jpg
    GB16 F2b Dvdsn 6.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 69
Now, let me get this straight. Your boss wanted to f**k you in the ear? No. I don't think that's right. Let him try it up the wazzuw, like every other decent arse bandit picciune silly bugger that the gods ever gave their wasted breath to. Dammit! I'm with you 100% ARGHH @(^%#%^$!!! Venting some personal stuff too!!
Great progress on the airplane also!

Thanks for both guys.......
Speshully yours Paul...... It's bazackly what I was thinking as he was mouthing it.

Just thinned the ends of the cowlings, and painted alum inside. Will paint the OD on the outside this arvo.

No woes Andy. This makes it sorted.

I'm "livin the dream" as my wife says. Don't Need to work, but bringing a bit in justifies my existence, my hobby and my truck.

Lovely work Bill!

And yep, bugger the boss. Had a few like that, hence the 'had'. I have a very low tolerance of d!ckheads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back