1/48 Bristol F.2b / Davidson RFC – From WW1 to WW2 GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The engine is amazing, very Eduard kit style :D very cool. Even if she is Roden :D

I hope to see some wood grain soon on her :)

What an excuse eh Bill? :)

Great work with the seat, and I love that engine!

Btw, do you need interior photographs? Borrowing a book from a mate with an original F2B sans canvas covering- full interior from nose to tail visible.

What an excuse eh Bill? :)Btw, do you need interior photographs? Borrowing a book from a mate with an original F2B sans canvas covering- full interior from nose to tail visible.

Ooooo, that sound interesting. Not sure how much interior detail your intimating, but send 'em on.
I have painted the engine, aluminum, and will hand paint the accessories as needed.

From the Eye Witness Visual Dictionaries' 'The Visual Dictionary of Flight' and 'Flying machine' (photos are of the Hungarian editions)

STA50813.JPG

STA50814.JPG

STA50815.JPG

STA50816.JPG

STA50817.JPG

STA50818.JPG

Consider me tickled.
Here's my way of painting parts and preserving the gluing pins and holes for gluing after painting. Little pieces of styrene rod, and a little glue-tac.

Sailoring on.

Attachments

• GB16 F.2b Dvdsn 3b.jpg
    GB16 F.2b Dvdsn 3b.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 86
  • GB16 F.2b Dvdsn 3a.jpg
    GB16 F.2b Dvdsn 3a.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 74
Good stuff Bill, and great pics Evan. I might have a couple of detail shots (exterior) of the 'Brisfit' at Duxford - I'll see if there's anything useful.

Great books indeed. Just borrowing them, so will be photocopying like mad shortly! (Wellington and all sorts in there...)

Like that technique for preserving the gluing pins Bill - consider it stolen! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back