1/48 Canadian Sabre, "Fireball" Aerobatic Team :)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I guess I'll take a vote eh :D 3 options for the decals, I'm eyeing Mitch's Squitch, flown by the same John W.Mitchell that led the attack on Yamamoto's aircraft :D
I'd like to do a narrow wing with the slats, to keep with the theme, but.......it is possible that the aircraft is a narrow chord slatted wing (its an F-86F-10).
It had been delivered near the end of the war, so it might have been converted to a 6'3 wing.
Does anyone have any more info. Or know anything else about the aircraft?

The other two, "Dottie" (F-30)and Battlin Bootsie (F-1) definatly received (or already had) the 6'3 wing when they received their markings :)

sabre1_zpsaaccfc88.png

What do you guys think, would Mitch's Squitch have remained with the narrow chord wing with slats or convert to the 6'3?

A 4th Option would be to do a aircraft similar to Dottie, but find a narrow chord fighter in the squadron and edit the numbers and markings to match, the only issue there is the pilot's names on the canopy, I could be able to scratch build some names, but not all :D

It is coming, after a couple more models to finish first :D I was out for 5 months due to work :p :D
First that bf-109g-6, update the thread, then some work on her hopefully :D

I'll say I'm doing one of the Korean Schemes as soon as the bf-109G-6 is done, but don't fear ;) I've got a F-86 kit in the stash for this beautiful Canadian bird. :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back