1/48 Eduard Bf109 E4

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

RGaspar

Airman
Nov 24, 2011
Kansas
Thought I'd do my first Emil while I wait to resolve my Bf110 issues. Anyway here's what I have done so far.it will be finished in Adolf Gallands markings.

20131123_035727.jpg

20131123_035638.jpg

20131123_035512.jpg

20131123_035557.jpg

20131123_035456.jpg

Good work but the size of your picture files makes for slow uploads. They're 1.5Mb each and can easily be reduced to about 100kb with no noticeable loss of quality.

thanks for the kind words :) the color seems a little off in the pictures, looks better in person. I will resize the pictures when I post some more updates tonight. I couldn't upload them to my computer from my phone it seems it wouldn't recognize the device. Oh well. I will try to fix this so no one has problems viewing my masterpiece :lol: only kidding..

Looks good so far, but I agree about the photos. Apart from the colour wash-out and size, if you crop them, so that the main subject is the main part of the picture, and then re-size, it'll give a better view of the model parts.

Does anyone know what serial number was painted on 5819's engine? And if it was yellow or white? I'll have more pics up this week. Been busy this holiday season, but I've finally gotten to the decal phase. Wish me luck

Engine numbers, painted on the side of the block, were normally in white. Don't know the specific number for this aircraft, but, as the engines had to be changed every 100 hours, there's more than a very good chance his aircraft had at least two, possibly three engines in the space of the BoB alone.

Thanks for reminding me Wayne, I've got the black bars on already but il just remove them. I think I saw some red and black ones on a sheet last time I was browsing squadron's website. It wouldn't hurt to have some spare Luftwaffe decals anyway, just in case I muck one up in the future :)

As for the engines serial number, I've been googling and googling for days with no luck on any open cowl pics of 5819. Hmmm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back