1/48 F-35B VMFA-211 Wake Island Avengers

So NOW....................................... if you look around the Nozzle it's all open,
should be enclosed! Rubbish............ So I used my shape thingy?
Cut a piece of paper, it's never exact. Duplicated that in card stock'
Filed, cut, scraped until it was a good match. Doing the same for the Top half.
Then something to close the sides. Hoping the Italeri is better!
S2F F-35B 29.jpgS2F F-35B 28.jpg
 
Found more than one resin aftermarket maker of things for Kittyhawk F-35B's.
So I've finished making the bulkhead at the tail that closes of the engine compartment.
I did little saw-cut each side of the nozzle swivel bearings, not enough deffanotion!
Now adding warts and wires for a little more detail. I struggle on!!!!!!
S2F F-35B 32.jpgS2F F-35B 31.jpgS2F F-35B 33.jpg
 
Thanks guys.......................................... fini!
I got some advice from my friend at Creative Models.
He suggested SMS Gunmetal under thinned SMS Silver!
The results!!!!!!! I'm Happpppy!!!!!!
I left the exhaust part Gunmetal....... will weather it with a bit of white.
S2F F-35B 35.jpg
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back