1/48 Finemolds Kyu-Shi Ka-14 Prototype

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Had the last couple of days to do the final bits and pieces for this aircraft. The sticky-outy bits were painted and added, a polyurethane clear coat applied and some very light panel wash applied. As noted earlier, this aircraft would not have spent too long in this guise, so the only dirt accumulated would be the result of operating in wet or inclement weather. I think it turned out OK, I certainly didn't want to over-do the wash. Hopefully it just makes the panels "pop" a little more and makes the aircraft look just a little bit used.
25_Ka-14 Final Front LH Qtr.jpg
26_Ka-14 Final Front RH Qtr.jpg
27_Ka-14 Final Top Rear.jpg
28_Ka-14 Final Rear LH Qtr.jpg
29_Ka-14 Final Rear RH Qtr.jpg
30_Ka-14 Final Lower Rear LH Qtr.jpg
31_Ka-14 Final Lower Rear RH Qtr.jpg
32_Ka-14 Final Lower Front LH Qtr.jpg
33_Ka-14 Final Front.jpg
34_Ka-14 Final Rear.jpg
35_Ka-14 Final Tailplane.jpg
36_Ka-14 Final Cockpit & Fuselage.jpg

I also laid down another coat of clear varnish over the top of the weathering. I used the Vallejo gloss clear, but I am still getting inconsistent results in terms of finish. It came out ever so slightly grainy - a bit annoying but it is what it is I suppose.

Final thoughts - I really liked this kit from FineMolds. It was crisp and accurately molded, went together really well and, apart from the shiny non-stick surface, was a pleasure to build. I would definitely make other kits from this manufacturer.

Thanks to everyone for popping by and offering thoughts and encouragement. Need to decide what comes next - another new kit or go back and finish my Stuka!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back