1/48 G6 A/S Conversion (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Amsel

Tech Sergeant
Jul 15, 2008
Texas
Does anyone have a link or info where I can get a conversion kit possibly? I cannot find a Me 109 G6 A/S anywhere and I would like to buid one for the Gruppe build.
Thanks in advance.

I THINK there is a kit, or a conversion, that I've seen somewhere, though I might be getting confused with a G10. I'll have a bit of a dig, and see what I can find, unless someone like Wayne or Lucky might know?

Amsel, which G-6/AS are you wanting to depict?

The easiest kit(s) to use for the purpose of doing an AS is the Fujimi series or hasegawa G-10 each will give you a good result.

For simplicity the Fujimi requires no real modification, while the hasegawa needs a few changes made to it.

What do you have access too? If you have trouble I have a couple of each and am willing to part with one if necessary at a good rate...certainly up to you.

Thank you guys for your help! I was wanting to depict a G6 A/S flown by Lutz-Wilhelm Burckhardt. White 14 I believe. It is a III.JG1 crate in all assault grey. I do not mind doing a little bit of modification. If the Hasegawa has a G-10 then I will convert that. I have all resources available to me and will find the G-10 if it is available. I really appreciate the help guys. I do not have much experience building but I enjoy it and want to get better:D

Bf-109G-6AS_Burkhardt_JG1s.jpg

what references are you using for the crate ? no winged 1 on the right side of the cowling Amsel only on the left side. not sure about the under cowling yellow ID marking either. 9./JG 1 correct ?

So far the only pics I have seen are skins recreated for Il-2 1946. I agree about the JG markings location as well as the yellow undercowling. I have a revised skin from Cpt Farrels Historical Profiles and Skins . I will probably run into trouble researching about Burckhardt and his crate initially until I buy a few books. Possibly -Defenders of the Reich Vol.2-3" . I believe He commanded 7./JG1.

Bf-109G-6AS_Burkhardt_JG1s.jpg

white numerals indicate 9th staffel Amsel. now of course we have to look at the time frame it might be before the addition of a 4th staffel in III. gruppe.

III./JG 1 had G-6/AS from May through August of 44. then G-14's came in. other staffels that had black numerals were outlined in white, yellow numbers outlined in black as two examples for you. Few period pics show the all light grey G-6/AS on ops

I believe there was only three staffeln at the time for the III.Gruppe, so that would make the staffel color designation for 7./JG1 white. If there was four staffeln in the Gruppe then 7./JG1 would be yellow and 9./JG1 would be white.

You are right about the the lack of photos of the 109 in overall assault grey. The hard part will be trying to verify the actual color scheme.

I believe his last victory was in June of 1944. soon after he had a serious bout with malaria that he caught in N. Africa. He did survive the war.

Many thanks Erich, and Wayne and others. Very useful info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back