1/48 Hawker Hurricane Mk 1, Flt Cdr Pete Brothers 32 Sq RAF Biggin Hill (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Busy last few days but managed some modeling time....

GZL003.jpg

GZL004.jpg

A question for you guys, Any idea of the dimensions of the 'blue Peter' flag Brothers had painted on the port side below the cockpit??

cheers
pete

Thanx Terry..... I should've thought of that myself even!

Really caught my eye/ear when i first saw him as my surname is very similar sounding. was especially impressed seeing him take control of Caroline Grace's, two seater Spitfire during the program 'Spitfire Ace', was rather moving actually. The man strikes me as having been a very down to earth likeable gentleman.

I just had to look Spitfire Ace up on youtube after reading this and it really was moving seeing him pilot that Spitfire. I put the link to that part of the show below in case anyone wants to see it.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgO2cjMnB9c

hey Glenn, just realised the Hurricane in your message is Pete Brothers!

After lots of head scratching wondering how I might put the correct code letters on the Hurricane, i came across Glenn's (T-Bolts) Spitfire and the awesome job he did so am attempting to emulate his procedure.

The area on the Fuselage where the code lettrs are is painted medium sea grey. Its hard to see the diffence between it and the grey undercoat, you can see where I've pulled the 'mask' up to reposistion it and pulled up some of the sea grey, looks like i'll have some touching up to do...

GZL005.jpg

GZL006.jpg

Yes the codes in reverse are correct, well according to this photo of the Hurricane display at the Battle of Britain Museum in Kent they are anyway!!

kent-hurricane.jpg

Nice job on the masks. Looks like it should look good once painted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back