**** DONE : Airfix 1/48 Hurricane Mk I V6684 RF-F 303 sqdn (Polish) RAF BoB GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

got a couple of hours to myself so did a bit :D
got the gun covers painted and fitted also made an attempt at building some lamps for the landing lights, should look ok once under the clear parts

Attachments

• Picture 051.jpg
    Picture 051.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 128
  • Picture 050.jpg
    Picture 050.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 130
Nice one Karl. For the landing lights I usually use a pin head to give the effect of a globe. Just snip it off into a bit of sponge or you will be feeding the carpet, the backside will have a little spur on it from the pin shaft, if you centre a little hole in the plastic it will just slot right in...............just an idea.

question, which spinner was fitted to RF F, was it the blunt Rotol spinner as it looks like in the profiles on page one of this thread or could it have been the slightly pointed DH spinner, the kit comes with both and thier relevent props but which one to fit ????????

any advice welcome as at the minute i favor the Rotol unit !

ok did a bit of weathering with pastels, which ran when i put the Future on this has never happened before so i will have to repaint a patch on the under sides.
also fitted the exhausts and re-did the landing lights as guess what they didnt fit under the transparecies :rolleyes:
i hope the topsides dont look to bad once the decals and flat coats are on

Attachments

• Picture 298.jpg
    Picture 298.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 109
  • Picture 299.jpg
    Picture 299.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 106
  • Picture 297.jpg
    Picture 297.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 127
Coming on nicely Karl.
As for the prop, it's a difficult thing to finalise without a pic of the actual aircraft. The de Havilland prop was fitted first, in the early production batches, then both could be fitted, using the Spitfire type Rotol, and eventually it was normally the dedicated Hurricane Rotol prop. But, an aircraft with a DH prop could be retrofitted with the Rotol, especially if it went to a MU for major repair work !
I've been studying the same thing, and found a subject in a particular Sqn with the DH in May, but the Rotol in August !
From what I've seen of the squadron, most if not all, of their aircraft had the Rotol prop at this time, and I think I've seen a pic of 'F' with it, although I'd have to find the particular pic and check.

ok did a bit of weathering with pastels, which ran when i put the Future on this has never happened before so i will have to repaint a patch on the under sides.

Before you go and repaint Karl, try removing the Future where the pastels ran. Dampen paper towel with Windex or some other Ammonia based window cleaner and wipe until it comes clean. It shouldn't damage the paint underneath.

Coming along great mate!!

My knowledge is limited, but I think it was a rotol prop.

cheers
pete

Users who are viewing this thread

Back