1/48 He 51B-2 Float Plane - Seaplanes / Floatplanes of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

And now I Think it's ready for paint.
Except.............. I may have to pull the wires tighter on the floats to the underside of the wings. They sag when the weight of the plane is on them............. it may never end.......
at least I got this far before my shoulder gets the knife tomorrow in the late afternoon. So I may have time to do the wires before I go...... fingers crossed.

Attachments

• GB22 229b.jpg
    GB22 229b.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 94
  • GB22 29c.jpg
    GB22 29c.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 80
  • GB22 29a.jpg
    GB22 29a.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 80
Relieved discover Im not the only one unfinished with GB 22

We do have till the 31st!
It is tough building more than one! Been there, done that as well.

And I discovered the struts to the floats on the port side came loose at the floats, so thmes is glood back on! Hoping this takes care of the sag!

Last edited:
saw Dr Happyface this morning, he says this one went better than the other, left, shoulder "so you better not bugger this recovery!

I'll have to look at the kit so far, perhaps on Thurs, just can't seem to atay awake long with the pain meds.
I'll have to attach everything that needs attaching for paint. Then decals. It's bloody close.

It's after midnight, had my meds, watching "Life after people" and will prob fall asleep during it.
Night all.

Thanks for looking in and keeping me going. It is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the attention guys.

No worries here. It was a bit of a bleeder, inside of my bicep is just big black and blue. Didn't happen last time. A bit itchy and swolen. Tuesday stitches come out and first fisio visit. I do move my arm around a bit, but know the limits from the other side. Watching it closely and taking it easy...... Tomorrow, in 50 min, I'll take the 51B-2 in hand and get going on the finish stretch.

Well I'll stop whinging about my Bloody Sh!t shoulder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I have a devil of a time with these wire thingies!!!!
The strut to the starboard float came loose, glued the bugger back on......... and what do you know!!!!!!!!
I'll have to replace all four of them bloody wires, and will have to try and do them tomorrow.

Dang!

Attachments

• GB22 30.jpg
    GB22 30.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 62

Users who are viewing this thread

Back