1/48 Heinkel He-111

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi all.

:hello1:Fortunately, my connectivity problem was resolved in less than the predicted time. :headbang:

I was able to update some stuffs of my business and now take the opportunity to share the pending image that I promised of the types of exhausts:

exhausts .png

... and others that can serve as a cultural breviary for those interested.

plano 12.jpg

modificaciones.jpg
armamento.jpg

Images obtained from the magazine Aero Detail 18 / Heinkel He111

I am going to start preparing the photographs of our AW177 (I am late in the task of reporting graphically how she behaved)

See you soon :thumbup:

The riveting of the lower part of the wings was finished.

262.jpg

I can not join the wings yet, because it would be very difficult to mount the side walls of the wheel walls (that was an error or omission that I suffered in my previous He111.) :meh:
And "I try" not to trip twice with the same stone! - as the saying goes-[-X)

So I took advantage of putting together the nacelles ...

263.jpg

Based on real images, I thinned the air intakes.
The front (entrance), the lower horizontal wall is thinner, but has a rounded finish, I hope the photo is clear.

266.jpg

The rear part (of exit), the horizontal flip-up wall is even thinner and is more noticeable in the photo:

265.jpg

I took the opportunity to paint the interiors of the air intakes and while they dried, I began to study what will be necessary to make the union of the fuselage parts look as good as possible. (putty & sand)

267.jpg
264.jpg

It was then when we approached the subject of "those little holes" at the end of the exhausts (practically at the root of the wings)

...And lets got to work!!

268.jpg
269.jpg
270.jpg
271.jpg

Well, this is the first update sequence, I will continue preparing the photos.

I hope you like them and I will be attentive to your comments.

Saludos y hasta pronto :thumbup:

Gracias Wojtek y Andy. :occasion5:

I started working with the fuselage and making the first adjustments with medium grain sandpapers ...

272.jpg
274.jpg

To the lower gondola I must remove (rather cover) the 4th window that does not have our AW177 and also work with that space between the part of the windows and the front part of that gondola.

273.jpg

The pieces that will make up the wheel walls are ready for the color application:

275.jpg

After drying, I painted the cables and tanks of the interior with a brush and also applied afterwards a wash with oils for a more correct weathering.

276.jpg
277.jpg
278.jpg

Finally I did a dry fit to see the assembly of the nacelles with the wheel walls ...

279.jpg
280.jpg

It is minimal what the nacelles will require.
In this last photo, the side walls and landing gear gates are already glued, so the wings are also attached. The fuselage also has a first application of Mr. Surfacer 1000 along the line to work on softening that union of the parts involved.

281.jpg

... and so I let them pass that night. :thumbup:

The Putty & Sand stage is underway!

282.jpg
284.jpg

In the upper part between the cockpit and the machine gun, I opted to remove the central rail from the "bubble" that covers the gunner. and also one of the rails (the right) where the sliding window slides, ... to be able to work freely in leaving that part ready for the work of riveting. With strips of styrene, I can replace those rails.

283.jpg

... the lower gondola ...

285.jpg

On the wings ... a few drops of CA in some places where some "holes" persisted, even after sanding.

286.jpg

The photos that follow correspond to a stage in which for the first time I try to do.
I had already thought about it and matured how to achieve it. :-k :-s :-k :scratch: :-k

This is the image that exemplifies the three adjustments that I will make:

287.jpg

... and the clear parts in which I worked to make them a reality in our project AW177 ...
The small green box (the first photo that follows) corresponds to the rectangular window on the left side, which can also be opened ...

288.jpg
289.jpg
290.jpg

The process was very interesting, a bit stressful because I had no margin for error (which would mean spoiling one or the two pieces!), ... later I pass the photos.

I can see that we all are enjoying our projects, in very interesting stages, all concentrated and enjoying the shared work. Congratulations to everyone in this GB # 40
:wav:

Happy and entertaining weekend for all.
Luis Carlos :thumbup:

To start this stage of cuts, filing and sanding, I was looking for several pictures and reference images.

These are the most representative:

291.jpg

(images obtained from different sources on the internet)

I will try to explain what I did, ... and it is likely to be useful for someone (I do not think I have discovered the "hot water"), but I can tell you now that the results were much greater than the ones I was expected.:thumbright:

I started with the simplest cut: the side window of the pilot.

For the folding door of the 2 windows of the starboard side, I used Tamiya tapes as guides, as well as protecting and reinforcing the transparent piece to avoid scratching or cracking.

292.jpg
293.jpg

I put tape on both sides of the piece and made the first cut:

294.jpg

For the second cut, I secured the section cut with tape, so as not to run splintering risks or break the piece and allow me to make a more confident cut.

295.jpg
296.jpg
297.jpg

I liked the result and I can add that it was important to make the cuts very slowly, without doing much pressure and that the teeth of the saw do their job. :arrow:
Something that helped was giving me time to "Rest", review the progress, blow the waste and not pretend to make the cut in just one execution ...[-X

298.jpg
299.jpg

I will use the cut-out piece with the two windows to show the open hatch. I had thought about doing it with a piece of acetate, but when achieving a clean cut, it would be better to use the same piece. (I think now, to see if I change my mind later)

In a dry fit, I think it will be a very nice sight, once it is finished as I pretend. What do you think?

300.jpg

Still missing the windows that I already opened in the front bubble (greenhouse).
At another time (probably tomorrow) I continue with the photos.

The Divisional Games of the NFL are about to start, and I do not miss them for nothing!
:occasion5:

I appreciate your cheers my esteemed colleagues of vice. :grouphuuug:

The last photos still pending to share, are those of my adjustments to the windows that open in the central bubble.

It seemed to me that they were the two most delicate perforations because although I was not interested in recovering the cut piece (besides that it would be practically impossible due to the small holes that I had to make), the risk of damaging the transparent piece was more feasible.

In these two new openings, it would be impossible to make the cuts with any of the mini-saws that I have, so I started by making the most precise delimitation of each window with Tamiya tapes, on both sides of each window ...

301.jpg
302.jpg
303.jpg

In the case of the "very thin" piece of clear plastic that would result after making the hole in that small rectangular window at the top (indicated by the arrow), it was my main fear that at any time it would break during filing ... !!

304.jpg

The only thing that occurred to me was to put double tape reinforcing the vertices and a little beyond the length of that window ...

For the lower window, I marked with a small bit by hand, some points, where later with my Dremel and a thinner bit, I would open the initial hole. It is important to make those first holes at a certain distance from the contour of the final hole. :-k :!:

305.jpg

... and to work very carefully with only files ... The result:

306.jpg

For the rectangular window, I better started with a cut to the center with a small disk, I made it a little wider with a small mouse tail file ...

307.jpg

The results:

308.jpg
309.jpg

... better than expected, I think the forecast and the work of masking with tape was fundamental.

I hope you liked it and for someone you can be useful for future adventures in new ideas for your projects. :thumbleft: :cheers:

Currently I have started to replace some lines of the fuselage panel and will start with the drawing of the "countless" rivet lines !!

Saludos y feliz Domingo :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back