1/48 Heinkel He-111

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ahh ok, I understand. with a mini saw I will make the same cuts and with a scriber I will make a little deeper the spaces between the stabilizers and the ailerons, as I did in my B-26 and B-25, to give it a little more realism.
I will do the same in the vertical aileron and its stabilizer.

Thanks for the clarification W. :salute:

Coming along nicely Luis.

Very neat workspace. I should take some lessons
The lessons of "cleaning", I owe to years of struggle with my mother, and to be married to a beautiful woman who supports my "sanctuary" and "subtly invites me :muted:" to have it look good ... :shock:

:thumbup:

Ahh ok, I understand. with a mini saw I will make the same cuts and with a scriber I will make a little deeper the spaces between the stabilizers and the ailerons, as I did in my B-26 and B-25, to give it a little more realism.
I will do the same in the vertical aileron and its stabilizer.

Thanks for the clarification W. :salute:

My pleasure. :wave:

Before starting the riveting of the underside of the wings, I try a little distracted detailing the exhausts.

Among other images and photographs, this group of photos shows very graphically how I will try to make them.

256.1.jpg

The arrow points to that hole in the nacelles. It is not marked on the parts of the kit, and I have seen it in several real photographs, so it will be something that I will include in our AW177

256.2.jpg
RAF-AW177--Heinkel-He-111H-1---Wk--Nr--6853---6a.jpg
RAF-AW177--Heinkel-He-111H-1---Wk--Nr--6853---7-.jpg

(images from internet)

Do you think that I am right with that orifice in the nacelle of our bomber?

That's what the 4 exhausts looked like, before I began to detail them ...

256.jpg
257.jpg

With a suitable mini drill in my Dremel and later with a rat tail file and some tips with diamond dust, I could mold the shapes I want.

258.jpg

After applying a bit of Tamiya ETC to soften the finish, this is the result:

259.jpg
260.jpg
261.jpg

Now, I continue with the riveting ... 8-[

Saludos :thumbup:

That's right and you're right, ... at some point we discussed it at the beginning of this thread. Surely with the capture and rehabilitation to put it in action, the exhausts were changed, among other details that were adapted to the renewed aircraft and new AW177 of the RAF
:pilotsalute:

I think the little holes are intakes for cabin heat air and that the hole in the nacelle you point out is where the pipe would connect to take the air to the cabin. Just guessing and don't know for sure.

Do you mean the one Andy?
It is the slot for a stub pipe of the heating system of the wing leading edge. Depending on the exaust pipes or flame dumpers there were two separate holes or one big slot.

256.2.jpg

I don't think that opening was present on the earlier 'H' series. The colour pics posted are of the RAF Museum's Heinkel, which was a late production paratroop transport aircraft, and close study of pics of the He-111H3 and H4 do not show this opening, or any associated pipework, although there is what appears to be perhaps a small breather tube, above the rear of the exhausts, protruding from the engine cowling a short distance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back