1/48 Heinkel He-111

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yes, Happy New Year to you, Luis and this marvellous project. I've been watching it with interest as I used to live in North Berwick, near where AW177 came down. It's only six miles from where I used to work. I knew a guy, who is now sadly deceased who watched it as a boy being towed through the centre of town on its way to Turnhouse. He brought the thing to my attention by showing me a photo of it in North Berwick. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Thanks Kevin, now I can tell you that I will not touch my AW177 project, ... until next year !!

Thanks nuuumannn, I was very interested in the history of this AW177. I hope to do the honors to this aircraft. I am very motivated to do a good job.

Greetings and congratulations. :thumbup::thumbup:

Hello everyone, I hope everyone is well. :grouphuuug:

This is the first photo of 2019

240.jpg

... and I have the fuselage attached, later I will start to putty & sand to make no trace of that union.

241.jpg
242.jpg

From the beginning I decided to make the layout of all the rivet lines (and there are quite a lot)
I have images that I obtained on the internet, but I will section them, according to the parts I will be working on ...

243.1.jpg

... :crazyeyes:... Wow, I've only worked on ONE OF THE REAR WINGS ... and it took me almost two hours! :shocked!:

Here I show you the one I worked with, and the one I'll start tomorrow!

243.jpg
244.jpg

This will be a marathon to make all the lines of rivets, I will combine it working with other parts, pieces and sections that can move forward, so as not to fall into madness ...!

On behalf of my wife and mine wish you all have a beautiful 2019.

245.jpg

See you soon ( 8-[ )

Luis Carlos :thumbup:

Taking a break, I share the progress so far ...
The rear stabilizers are ready ... :coffee:

246.jpg
247.jpg

For the wings, these are part of the images on which I am based ...

248.jpg

Since I was not going to trust my pulse, and using DIMO tape, it would be very slow and a lot of waste, for the long lines of rivets, I used Tamiya tape as a guide ... :arrow:

249.jpg

There is a panel line that does not appear in the kit, so, as it is a slightly rougher stroke with my scriber, I better use an insulating tape guide ...

250.jpg

... it was not so bad :-k

251.jpg
252.jpg

TODAY: The upper part of the wing of the port side, before the riveting ...

253.jpg

Taking notes about the distances I used in the starboard wing, it was easier for me and I saved time to work

254.jpg

The advance with the wings until today ...

255.jpg

For the lower part of the wings, they are practically the same lines of rivets. I'll just have to attend to the small variations.

But that will be another day, ... I have to give some rest to my neck and poor buttocks. :mooning: :laughing6:
Excellent first weekend of 2019 for all :wav:

Saludos :thumbup:

Nice work space........
Don't forget to cut the trim tabs on the elevators.........

HNY to you ass well.
Thanks Bill my ass also thanks your good wishes. :laughing6:
What parts do you mean with cut the trim tabs on the elevators?
My English and ignorance in some pieces of the aircraft, still do not help me enough.

Gracias por los comentarios :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back