1/48 Heinkel He-111

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looking good Luis. :thumbright:

Before starting removing of the window masks you should wet them a little bit with warm water. You may use a thick brush for applying of the water. It will cause the masks getting corrugating and the their glue will get softened. What is more, the painted area around of the mask edges will crack a little bit . All that will allow to unstick them easier without damaging the window edges.

I had the opportunity to stay alone at home, so after some housework, ...\\:D/ I could have a good session without interruptions, with my therapist (many already know what I mean) :laughing6:

The second bomb rack, was easier (of course, I had done one before) and all the remaining joins were made by hand only with CA ...

194.jpg
196.jpg

I was glad to see that all the perpendicular walls were reasonably aligned ...

195.jpg

I have already made the base where the racks will rest, because of the low visibility that will be from the outside of the windows, from the design of the racks, they will only have the height that allows the base to have a suitable place to sustain itself inside the fuselage.

Here is a dry fit, to be able to check that everything will be in order ... 8-[

197.jpg
198.jpg
199.jpg
200.jpg
201.jpg

In a short next sequence of ready photos, I will show you some small adjustments to improve the appearance of these racks, according to real photos.

I'll be back in a moment... :thumbup:

Gracias Andy, estoy de acuerdo :thumbright:

There will not be much that can be observed inside the bombs bay, so I only added some strips of styrene on top and through the top holes of the structure ...

202.jpg
203.jpg
204.jpg

I will paint all the interior of the fuselage of RLM 02, but I will paint the bombs racks in RLM 66 and these last details in styrene, I will paint them in some clear metallic color, pretending that with this there is a little contrast and it can be noticeable.

I already made and placed the corridors that go in the area of the rear windows ...

This is a picture with everything achieved so far.

205.jpg

I think I'll be able to start with the process of painting the rest of the interior ... :thumbup:

Fantastic ! The bomb racks are amazing scratch building.
Thank you Graham for your comment, yes, the assembly and measurement of the interior space inside the bombs bay was a little laborious, but the opportunity to make the racks in 3D, was decisive to achieve the result.
It's 3:57 am here in Mexico and I take advantage to keep moving forward.
If I have time, I'll share you some pictures a bit later ... I have to get some sleep!

Saludos :coffee:...:laughing6:

The constancy of Monogram, that its mold is from 1994, was already erased ...

206.jpg

Starting new detailed before going to paint ...
The original photos invite me to act!

Upper gunB.jpg
Upper gun.jpg

(imágenes obtenidas de Internet)

I decided to do it, after having stuck the machine gun support, so with greater difficulty, but it was not so bad ...

207.jpg
208.jpg
209.jpg

In my previous Heinkel, I remember that it was a nightmare to build the landing gear, for having "long rods" with very small points of union and to mount them correctly in the wing, it was madness! :crazyeyes:

On this occasion I decided to leave the branches so that they would remain parallel and facilitate me to unite the three pieces. :idea:

210.jpg
211.jpg

With this picture I'm going to sleep ...

212.jpg

I started to do the wiring of the landing gear (I did not do it in my previous He-111, for the same reason of the problematic assembly), but tomorrow I finish it and I do the same with the other, and I think that now, I can start painting ...

See you soon :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back