1/48 Heinkel He-111

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hahaha,... [-X... I do not think so, Andy, in that way you would miss all the glamor involved in the art of modeling.:!:

:thumbup:

Gracias Chad por hacerte presente.:thumbright:

For now I share photos of how the interiors go ...

The bombs bay:
A couple shots seen from the cockpit ...

158.jpg
159.jpg

Both doors, seen from below ...

160.jpg
161.jpg

Some new details on the inside of the waist ... :smug:

162.jpg
163.jpg
164.jpg

... The starboard with the access door to the bombs bay ...

165.jpg

For the port side, I added a plastic card to make a first level floor, which can be seen in some real photos ...

166.jpg
167.jpg

I still have to add the corridors that go to each side, along the lower gondola with several windows.

It's all for now, I hope you like it.

I'm going to take some more photos of the 3D bombs racks and start putting them together.
Soon the photos. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Agradezco mucho sus motivadores comentarios!! :notworthy:

These are some pictures of what we did in Metepec.

In this first photo we made some tests with 0.15mm thickness, 0.25mm, ... and we ended up deciding to do it in separate pieces and the final thickness is 0.35mm for all the pieces.

168.jpg
169.jpg
170.jpg
171.jpg
172.jpg
173.jpg

The thickness was thinner than that of the initial styrene sheet, and the type of plastic used offers a very good hardness and resistance. I already did some tests and it will not be so complicated to join the pieces with Tamiya ETC or with CA ... or first ETC and reinforce the union with CA.

Returning to yesterday night, I made some dry fits, to see how those interiors look ...

174.jpg
175.jpg
176.jpg
177.jpg

I am in the process of assembling the bomb racks, (I am grateful for the time, wear and risk that I saved :angelic:!!)
... later some photos ...

Excellent Thursday for all. :reindeer::thumbup:

These are all the pieces that make up a single rack ...

178.jpg

The external walls have a width of 9.0 mm and the internal 8.0 mm, for design reasons.
The thickness of all the walls that make up each rack is 0.35mm ... as I mentioned before ... :headbang:

179.jpg
180.jpg

Because of the small and thin parts, some have small gaps, which with a little CA could be filled.

183.jpg

This is part of the photos with the assembly sequence:

181.jpg
182.jpg
184.jpg

This is a first finished rack ...

185.jpg

... starting with the other ...

186.jpg

It's all for now, regards. :thumbup:

Last edited:
I still do not do a paint test. It's a good idea, so as not to have surprises. I have a couple of repeated pieces where I can try. :thumbright:
I'm thinking of applying a first coat of primer, give it enough time to cure and then apply the color.

Gracias por la recomendación Andy :thumbup:

You're right, Terry, in the pictures I have, that seems to be (a bit complicated the layout of levels) between corridors, the structure of the fuselage and the lower compartment (or nacelle) of the gunner.
The "advantage" is the low visibility from the rear fuselage Windows. For this reason, it is also possible that the wall that divides and gives access to the rear of the aircraft, won"t be made.
If you have (or someone else) any image that shows the floor, it is well received.

Thanks for your comment my dear Professor friend. :thumbup:

I have been mentally studying the process of making the windows with Tamiya tape and being able to carry out the recommendation suggested by Wojtek in post #127. The technique is very sensible. :notworthy:
For me, instead of doing the sequence for each one of the new 4 windows (so as not to risk possible errors given my inexperience in this), my adaptation was to make a single repair for each side. And everything seems to work according to what was suggested by W.

To make each window to fit, it was easier to demarcate the rectangle of each window and using the corner of the metal template, to outline the corner of the windows with a new knife.

187.jpg

The distance between the two windows is 8.0mm, so I gave that thickness to a piece of tape and so I made the guides where I placed the masks that would form the new windows ...

188.jpg

Now the job, it was just matter of correctly fitting the masks on both sides of the fuselage ...

189.jpg
190.jpg
191.jpg

... and the same process for the starboard ...

192.jpg

The result: :love4:

193.jpg

This is all in photos so far, thanks for all your visits, the learning and process has been very fun.
There will be something we can keep moving forward during the weekend.

Hasta pronto :thumbup:

My dear friend Kevin, you will see that I have gotten myself into inhospitable terrain for me, but I have been reciving valuable help and we are having a lot of fun!
I hope to be doing the deserved honors to your kind gift. :thumbup:
A big hug directly to the United States :headbang:
hey somebody needed to build that kit and "you the Man" :thumbright:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back