1/48 Heinkel He-111

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

As Geo comments, it is a lot of work "but I wanted to do more windows, in a kit that does not have", but at the same time I think we left many years ago the idea of "armar avioncitos" and be a follower of instructions unconditional.
At this point in our lives is a hobby that in addition to breaking with the routine, also encourages us to continue innovating and learning (here in Mexico we say: "Put the squirrel to work", that is to put the brain to work ).
Something that would not be the same either, without the closeness and companionship of all those around here, who greet each other, share and enjoy something that we like in common.
:occasion5:
Alluding to your comment Andy, the styrene pieces have done their job and the acrylic incrustation looks resistant. I take an approximate 3 hours / man, sanding each of the sides with each of the 5 fine sandpapers from 3000 to 12000 and in my obsession to achieve the best transparency in the windows, I use each sandpaper, first dry, then with water and as it is something that I only intend to do "only once", I prefer to spend more time than usual.
Finally it occurred to me to improve the appearance and I did the routine with the Novus 2 and there was noticeable improvement.

Making a stop to talk with you, allows me to clear a little and de-stress my hands !! :hungover:

Well, now I go with the other side!!, but I think it will be less than those 3 hours and weekend is coming. \\:D/

In some other stop to breath, I'll start with the design of the bombs rack, I already have some images that will serve me.

Thanks for listening to me (I mean: read me) ... :wacky:

I did not have any problem to work with the files and then with sandpaper to level the piece of acrylic according to the contour of the fuselage ...

141.jpg
142.jpg
143.jpg
144.jpg

About what I mentioned in the previous post (# 183), my fingers still hurt, it was a lot of work, but it was worth it ...
That's how the port side was finished ...

145.jpg
146.jpg

The same for the starboard ...

147.jpg
148.jpg
149.jpg

Here we can see the result in both pieces, and I think I have achieved what I expected with the clarity obtained from the transparent pieces. I liked

150.jpg

Well, I think I can get rid of this slope, so I can work with other things inside the fuselage. I'll show you what's coming.

Thank you in advance for your comments and visits, I send you many greetings.

:thumbup:

Some reference photos on the screen ...

151.jpg

(images from the interrnet)

A little work on paper ... (previous loss of some neurons in the process :dead2:)

152.jpg

... and let the party begin!

153.jpg

Have a nice weekend everyone. :occasion5:
:thumbup:

Nice job on those windows Luis, I knew you'd do a great job of it. What are you going to build the bomb racks from? Styrene I presume or have you decided to take the leap and start making your own photoetch now? :p

Nice job on those windows Luis, I knew you'd do a great job of it. What are you going to build the bomb racks from? Styrene I presume or have you decided to take the leap and start making your own photoetch now? :p
Thanks Chad, I still do not take that step with my own PE.
I'm going to do it with styrene and the challenge is to make those holes in each one of the dispatchers.
What I'm going to do is stick the millimeter sheet in the styrene and with a new knife of # 11 make the cuts helping me with a ruler. I think I know how to do it and I hope the photos help me explain it. :-s

Thanks for your comments, Andy and Wayne.:thumbright::thumbleft:

That's how my new adventure began ...

1.- I attached the adhesive sheet to the styrene sheet.

154.jpg

2.- I think the thickness is 0.5 mm. It is the thinnest sheet that can offer me some resistance and flexibility to be able to work well.

155.jpg

3.- Previously on the adhesive sheet, I marked with a pin the points where the cuts are marked that I will make to make the hollowss (16 small squares, 16 rectangles with the upper corners diminished by 1 mm. -The lower corners are not going to be seen from the windows- and the 9 holes that carry each of the 5 perpendicular walls of the 2 racks -45 holes-).

156.jpg

This is the extension of my sketch and the metallic sheet where I could see that the diameter of the circles to be drilled is 2.5 mm. and I have the drill to do it ...

157.jpg

... Can you imagine the impressive work I've gotten myself into? :shock::shocked!:...:drinking:

Well, this weekend we spent at my brother-in-law's house in Metepec, Toluca, and it was until Sunday, that I told him about our project AW177, and the process in which I find myself with the bombs racks... It was my I intend to make the comment, seeking to find the answer I wanted! :smuggrin:

I want to comment that my talk and intension, saved me several hours (but several!) Of intense work, latent risk of committing some error of pulse and physical-mental wear!

I leave you with this pair of images and you can imagine what we did in just 2 hours of extreme fun (for me), while we listened to good music.

1.jpg
2.jpg

Soon I prepare the other photos, while I can continue working in the interiors ...\\:D/

Saludos :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back