1/48 Heinkel He-111

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks, colleagues.
You're right Geo, also of Revell (sure to be relatives).
Fortunately, in this part of the wing, it has been easy to remove it.

:thumbup:

Here is the difference between the landing gear as it comes to arm itself (even with the branches), and the modification with the wire wiring.
With a # 11 knife and a jeweler's file, I removed the wiring from the plastic mold, and with a little Tamiya ETC, I smoothed the surfaces.

213.jpg

With small strips of Tamiya tape, I made the new clamps that suggest the cable (is the brakes?), Then fixed them with a bit of AC.

214.jpg

You can see that the cable on top of the "X" I did not modify it, they are too inside the wall wells, them will only be well painted.
In some current photos, probably of reconstructed aircraft, these cables are red, blue, black or silver, ... in the case of our AW177 (and the best I can distinguish in the photos), are them black with metal clamps?
What color do you recommend that is appropriate?

To all the pieces to be painted by RLM02, I gave them a brush stroke with alcohol, to clean and prepare the surface ...

RLM02 applied: :playful:

215.jpg
216.jpg
220.jpg

In the case of our bombs racks, I took advantage of the 02 to use it as a primer, I think instead of the RLM66, I'm going to use a lighter gray, to help in the view from the outside ...

217.jpg

218.jpg

(It looks like an ancient sarcophagus in Transylvania ... :vamp2: )
But the extremes will not be noticeable, so I did not smooth them. And the intermediate walls, give a little detail ... to browse with a magnifying glass. :peeking:

219.jpg

Do you consider inappropriate or outlandish, if I use a lighter gray? May be RLM84 Gray Blue?
Your opinion and experience is well received.

I leave you with a panoramic view of my sanctuary

221.jpg

Saludos :thumbup:

Brake lines were two materials on your rig. The lines over the fixed parts of the undercarriage would have been rigid tube and can be a flat aluminum shade. The section spanning over the oleo would be a flexible rubber hose and would be black. The straps fixing the tubes to the undercarriage frames would (I think) be stainless steel like a modern pipe clamp and would be bright silver. Picture here: FalkeEins - the Luftwaffe blog: Heinkel He 111 walkaround - bomb bay, cockpit, undercarriage views

As for the bomb racks, the actual ones would have been either 66 in my opinion but if you want to make them lighter, then that's really up to you.

Very interesting images in the link you share, Andy.
Your opinion in this regard confirms my appreciation of the two materials in the wiring, in fact it is notorious in other photographs in current He111 (in museums).
My doubt was the color at the war era. Unless we receive another comment, it will be the colors that you mention.
Before I will work on the painting and weathering detail of the interior of the fuselage.
Adhering to make our AW177, the closest thing to the real, I will resume the 66 for the bomb racks. Thank you very much friend for your time and closeness to our project AW177.
Cheers :thumbup:

Good stuff Luis.
I agree with Andy, the bomb cells should really be RLM 66, but, in order for them to be slightly more visible, perhaps use a very slightly lighter shade, which, in the shadows of the interior, will still pass for RLM 66.

RLM66 and white in a ratio of 3: 1, did not make the tone so dark. We will see how it looks until the moment of unmasking the windows from the outside (that is, we will still have the doubt), but I liked how they look.

223.jpg

At RLM02, I almost put an equal part of white to put a little light on the interiors ...

222.jpg
224.jpg

... and began the fun and exciting stage of coloring the details of the fuselage interior ... and I interspersed with the coloring of the landing gear.
The piece on the right, allows us to appreciate the change in appearance when applying the washings with oil paints ...

225.jpg

In the interior walls with the doors in the bombs bay, there is no greater detail that could look, so I just applied their respective wash ...

230.jpg

The result on the port side:

226.jpg
227.jpg

... and on the starboard:

228.jpg
229.jpg

I really liked the final result in the landing gear. Thanks for your advice my friends.
From my inspiration, I chose to put the "connection valves" in matt yellow, it is minimal, but it gives more color and detail to the pieces.

231.jpg

I hope you like it.

:santa: On the other hand, We are about to start packing, to go with my young children to spend Christmas outside of Mexico City, they fly from Monterrey tomorrow and an hour later we take our flight a beautiful "and not very busy beach" in the Mexican Pacific ... to take a little sun. :hotsun:

I sincerely hope that all of you have a wonderful and good Christmas, with great health and joy in the company of your loved ones.

I will return to the activity in my workbench by the end of next week.
May Santa Claus bring you many gifts. :santa:

Hasta pronto :thumbup:

Last edited:
In that we are Wayne, sun and sand, without losing contact with the forum's friends.
Thank you all, kind gentlemen.

Also to everyone enjoy in family, the opportunity that offer this special season.
:grouphuuug:... :thumbup:

Good morning to all,:hello1:... the time to return to my therapeutic work, was possible from yesterday.
I do not know if it happens to you, but I always need a day to rest from the holidays !!

It is not much that I advanced, but it was important to finish with the details of the interior of the fuselage, before closing it.
The tail gear is ready, after some scratches that reveal the metal under the paint:

232.jpg

To the bombs racks I also applied some dry brush with aluminum # 11 of Humbrol and with a mixture of bronze and gold (# 12 and # 16) paint the inner rods. We'll see how much we can see this once your moment arrives during the process.

233.jpg

The two dividing walls of the sections, were more realistic, after applying the dry brush ...

234.jpg
235.jpg

Following the advice of Wojtek in post # 221, the result of removing the inner ribbons from the windows was a clean job with no need to do anything else!
(Thanks W. :occasion5:)

236.jpg

The appearance I achieved with the dry brush and two shades of aluminum, give much realism to wear in the corridors and platforms where you walk and to the walls. The dust, grease and normal dirt, gave a more real appearance, which I liked as seen. I do not know how much can be appreciated once closed, but the satisfaction of doing it and that the photos give the constancy of what was done, is enough for me.

237.jpg
238.jpg

I feel that I got a little bit risk by leaving those "injection marks", but I do not think they are notorious.

Well, now it will only be a matter of placing the remaining windows, which previously passed more than 15 hours after bathing them in Future ...

239.jpg

It seems that these will be the last photos of this year that ends today. :|

I hope that the year that ends today has left to all of us, new experiences, lessons learned, satisfactions, pending issues and enough energy to address 2019 with the strength and projects that allow us to make a better year than now ends.

Much health, love, work, blessings and new satisfactions for all of you and your families, sincerely from Magy and mine.

Un Gran Abrazo y Feliz 2019 para toda la familia ww2aircraft.net :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back