1/48 Heinkel He-111

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Indeed, I believe that the greenhouse will create more interest to observing what is inside.
Unlike my first He-111, the roof of the cockpit is "removable", which allows to see better the interior (although in this one AW177, yes there is evident progress)

"Pasa el tiempo y se acumula experiencia"
"Time passes and experience accumulates"

I appreciate and tkanks as always all your kind words.

I already mounted the engines to the wings and the bubble in the front of the plane. I am in the middle of filing and sanding the union of those engines, because I forgot to fill a space with putty, on one of the sides.

Then I pass the photos.

It seems that I am motivated and inspired to take care of the most possible details and to devote the necessary time. (They are worth a few sleepless ...!! )

Thanks guys for being attentive to the process and pressing very subtly, showing interest in our AW177 ..., that's pure inspiración!

Saludos
Luis Carlos

The missing part of the lower gondola

You can see in the next pic, that little window, I let the time pass to fix it ... and all the time, it was making noise and now that I see the photo, I decided to fix it (which would have been much simpler before having the windows and the fuselage together !!)

It was not so bad, but it could also have been much better! This happens when we leave things "simple", for later! ... lesson learned!

This is the previous part to work on these details of "failure in the assembly of the pieces"

... and the gap on the right side is the one that I forgot to put putty ...

The nacelle on the right wing is already ready (filed, sanded and polished), but I still have to work on the left.

The front of our AW177 is practically ready waiting to move into the paint department. It is likely that before mounting the wings, start with putting the RLM-66 of what will simulate the color of the interior of the entire cockpit.

This is the image of how things turned out yesterday at night. In the foreground the left wing, in which I still have to work.

I hope you like it and to see that we can take advantage of these days (rather, "these nights")

Cheers

Good progress Luis.
Note that the intakes on top of the nacelles on the earlier 'H' models, were a slightly different style. the kit parts will pass, but they should not have the 'dimples' (red arrow in pic below). These are there as the kit uses 'generic' parts for the later versions.
Also, there should be a trailing aerial fairlead tube in the top, second window from the front, on the starboard side of the belly gondola - se pic of my scrtach-built item.

Very good observation Terry, I started looking in the photos I have and some images of plans and diagrams of those nacelles and in case of our AW177, and I do not see those holes that you point out.

These are the best photos I got quickly and in the approach of the left engine you can see that the top is smooth.

I do not know if you can get better images, but plugging those holes, it will be something simple to do.

Now that you also mention the trailing aerial fairlead tube, can I see that in some pictures of our lady, I do not see it, or is it retractable ?, although it is likely that in the quality of the photos is not distinguishable.

I have considered including it as you indicate it, unless someone thinks differently.

Thank you very much for your contribution and interest professor.

I DO like it. Not a fan of those steps in the nacelles though. Lots of work to smooth those out.
I share your feelings Andy, is something that I had not stopped to work with care, because of the difficulty of some spaces to work and I am not very happy to do so.

In this occasion I tried to try circular files (rat tails) and semicircular files, as well as sandpapers of different grains mounted on wooden sticks of different shapes that I made, to be able to work in inaccessible places.
It was a little tedious, but I think I could find a way to find the taste, since the result was not so bad.

Yesterday I also worked with the last details of the upper turret and its machine gun, at one point I´ll upload the photos.

Greetings.

With respect to the machine guns, the kit brings three. Our AW177, only retained that of the upper turret.

This is how the MG-15 originally look in its branches.

These are some of the images that served as reference.

(internet images)

... and this is our new miniature:

The artillery's canvas seat and its instruments board:

The two pieces, that until the last details at the end of the process, I will put in its place (so as not to risk to damage the miniature)

... I could not show a dry fit either, because the weight of the handle.

Well this is all for now, I hope to arrive home early to be able to still move forward.

Excelent day for everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread