1/48 Heinkel He-111

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks chaps, following the recommendation of Wojtek, there was improvement in the outline of the spotlight.
I could not do it with the fingernail of any of my fingers because it did not fit in that space, but I could help myself better with a small set of tools for molding with different metallic tips.
Following with that inertia, I cleaned and cut to size the transparent piece and with a little cyanoacrylate, it was ready. I just have to apply a bit of putty on the contour, with very fine sandpapers erase any trace, polish the new glass, mask the clear area, replace the panel lines and rivets that have been lost, add new rivets to the outline of the clear area :-k ... and wait to move to the paint department!
And this will be when the wings are already mounted to the fuselage.

I think I just put forward to all you everything that comes soon ... I just need to do the work and take the pictures :laughing6:... :-s

Saludos y feliz viernes :thumbup:

To join the new crystal, I used CA, and I did it in two parts, first the lower end and part of the lower sides and I held them with Tamiya tape to make a little pressure and be at wing level.
Then I did the same with the upper end and upper sides fastened with TT ...

373.jpg
375.jpg
374.jpg

I liked how it looks ...

376.jpg
378.jpg

This is the most notorious hole, which I do not think represents a major problem to cover with putty.

377.jpg

Seeing the landing light from both ends of the wing, I think it was as I expected.

379.jpg
380.jpg

I started to put some Putty around the contour of the new piece, to soften as much as possible the scars of the joint.

But the photos will come later ... Greetings. :thumbup:

Gracias por las porras Wojtek y Terry :thumbright::thumbleft:

I will give more time to the putty, so while I continue with the masking of the transparent pieces, and this is a first sequence of the photos ...
First I started with the roof of the cockpit ...

381.jpg
382.jpg
383.jpg
384.jpg

I started using the Vallejo liquid mask, but its consistency makes it dry very fast and while I continue applying in the same area, it dries and rises or tends to make strands that complicate the application. Also once dry, it is still sticky, which complicates the handling of the pieces. It is a very good liquid mask, but it is not practical for this type of need.
So over this, I applied the liquid mask of Microscale, Industries, Inc. (Micro Mask) ... and so I continued with the other pieces ...

Making circles of 2mm with the TT, has been very practical to achieve the round corners of the windows ...

385.jpg

The access hatch and exit to the cockpit that I separated, will have paint on both sides, so I masked the inside and outside of it:

386.jpg
387.jpg
388.jpg

I will continue with the other pieces and upload the photos.

regards :thumbup:

Thanks Andy, somewhere I saw that technique to mask round corners. I have used it in different situations and depending on the opening that is wanted to be masked, it will be the size of the circle (or semicircle) that is cut.
It's simple. :idea:

These are the photos of how I made the putty application to the landing light ...

389.jpg
390.jpg
391.jpg
392.jpg

I started sanding carefully, but I could see that there were still certain stitches that were not properly covered.

394.jpg
395.jpg

I made another attempt, but this time with Mr. Surfacer 1000 ... so at least I'll leave it another 24 hours to dry completely.

I continued with the masking, and this is the part of the lower gondola (in which, in the case of our AW177, it will not carry the MG 15 machine gun), ... access was a bit complicated, both with a liquid mask and with TT, so surely it will require some retouching later, once it has been painted in its place. :dontknow:

393.jpg

To continue with the masking, it is the turn of the "dome" that goes over the gunner of the MG 15 of the top (the only machine gun that has our AW177).
I relied on these images to do the job in the best way ...

396.jpg

(images on page 26 of Aero Detail 18 magazine, Heinkel He-111)

Tomorrow I will be able to share what can be advanced. :thumbup:

Saludos y buenas noches.

Thanks fellows, the masking has been relatively slow, mainly because of the time I have available to be able to sit down calmly to work. [-(

Before masking the bubble-greenhouse, I must draw the two pieces that will replace the windows that will be opened. I already have an idea of how to do it.

Have a good Sunday, everyone. :thumbup:

This is the masking sequence of the "dome"
I am very happy with the great help of the Tamiya flexible tapes. :headbang:
You can make very clean strokes in curvatures.

397.jpg
398.jpg
399.jpg
400.jpg

To make the windows that are open, I stuck a piece of TT and marked the contours, causing a small indentation.

401.jpg
403.jpg
404.jpg

Then with a pencil I drawed the contours.

402.jpg
405.jpg
406.jpg

I come back with something else I did today. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back