1/48 Heinkel He-111

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I did not delay, right? :toothy5:

These are the clearest images that were used to copy the windows that will be opened in our AW177

ventanas1.jpg
ventanas2.jpg

(images obtained from the internet)

After choosing a suitable and proportional acetate piece to make these windows, I gave it a polish with novus2 and later a bathroom in Future, to make the piece as clear and as transparent as possible, from I will get the 3 windows.

407.jpg
408.jpg

This is how the piece will stay until tomorrow, so that it is ready to work on it.

On the other hand I want to tell you that after a little more than 5 hours (... o_O ...) I have 85% of the masking of the bubble-greenhouse !!, ... it has been a crazy job :crazyeyes:!, but I think that I'm winning! 8-[

409.jpg
410.jpg
411.jpg

I´m going for less, but I will continue another day, for now I'm going to rest and look for a good movie to watch!

Have a great start of the week! :wave: :notworthy: :thumbup: :notworthy: :wave:

5 Hours! You are very dedicated my friend, not to mention patient!
That looks like it was a lot of fun.......not.!
I have taken with philosophy to mask the bubble-greenhouse.
The truth has been fun, but at the same time the dedication and care to do a good job (slowly but surely :-\"), I had been sitting for a long time and the shoulders, lower back and buttocks, have complained. But it's worth it.
It's one of the stages that I like the most. :love4:
I appreciate your attention and all your comments (that's another reality)

Saludos y excelente Lunes amigos míos :thumbup:

Five hours - that was quick !
Took me half a lifetime !!
I know very well what you mean my dear friend Professor Airframes, but your work supports that effort.
And for those of us who love this (and here we are many), it's worth it, while we continue learning. \\:D/
I send you a fraternal hug Terry, thank you for commenting. :thumbup:

gran trabajo nos expones por el momento compañero!!!!!!

The front window was alerted on the instrument panel was operated by handles in the shape of a half moon, with teeth on the inside as a couple of hooks to keep it open while the plane flew. It is an image that in the information that happens to you, I think I remember to be disassembled apart from the amount.
for the side window it was the same way (saving the distances from one plane to the other but in the same way manufactured), which were the windows of me bf 109 a to e.

The thing is a work of art View attachment 527218 I don't think I could sit still long enough to get as far as you have View attachment 527217

View attachment 527219
It's a flattering comment, dear nsmekanik ... really time flies by, sometimes I do not realize the hours, until it occurs to me to get up for something ... and I'm hooked! :shock:
What I'm already doing is setting an alarm every hour, to get up and stretch. But this usually happens from Friday night to Sunday. During the week, except for some sleepless nights, they are short sessions. :coffee:
This weekend I exaggerated, because we had only one commitment on Friday night. I wanted to move forward as much as possible.

I'm finishing organizing the photos that follow, I hope not to be late.

Gracias y saludos hasta Nanton (China?) :thumbup:

Continuing with the photos of the weekend, I was finally able to work on the landing light.

I started with sandpapers of 400 and 650 to remove excess putty

412.jpg
413.jpg

I came to scare me with the sanding, I thought I had exaggerated and damage the piece !! :eek:

I began to work with the set of fine sandpaper that I have, and I spent a lot of time on each one, sanding first dry and then wet ... in that way with each one.
Fortunately, it was only the scare, because it was solved. :notworthy:

I took pictures to see the progress:

414.jpg
415.jpg
416.jpg

The idea and the work gave a good result. :-k... \\:D/

417.jpg
418.jpg

I just needed to recover a bit the lines of panels and rivets (which is already done) and mask what will be the part of glass, but it will be later, I believe that when the wings are mounted to the fuselage.

Now I am going to work for a while to finish with the masking of the bubble-greenhouse ... tomorrow I share the photos.

Hasta pronto y gracias por las visitas y comentarios :thumbup:

So, I concluded yesterday the masking of the front of our bomber ...

419.jpg
420.jpg
421.jpg
422.jpg
423.jpg

I pasted the IPs that go inside the bubble and roof of the cockpit, as well as the open window of the pilot ...

424.jpg
425.jpg

... and I cut the acetate with the new windows of the bubble ...

437.jpg
440.jpg

...in the upper rectangular window, I left it slightly longer (.5mm), so that the pressure exerted by the ends inside the hole, help to buckle the window in the curved shape it requires.

439.jpg

So I'll leave it until before mounting the bubble to the fuselage ... And what followed was the installation of the floor with the seats and side console of the pilot, ... with some setbacks, but at night I pass the review with Photos.

Hasta más tarde :thumbup:

The "second" novelty that I did not consider was that to mount the floor with the seats, inside the cockpit, I should have done it before putting the piece that goes on the right wall of the interior. It was impossible to do it until it occurred to me to "take a look" to the instruction sheet ... #-o

... It clearly indicates "the order" (mentioning which piece is "first", which "second" to have no any difficulty) in which they should be place the pieces that make up the interior.
I had to separate the piece from the side to start. 8-[

I started with the 2nd novelty, because the first one was to glue the ceiling, which came to "complicate" a little more what I had to do ... disgust

426.jpg
427.jpg

What followed was to put the pieces in place and put the IP on the left side of the pilot was very complicated, because of the narrow space to place it, the spaghetti and the fear of breaking or detaching the small front panel. :arcade:

Everything went well and what follows is a final sequence of photos of the interior of the cockpit, which can hardly be seen again so well, once the front bubble is in place. :pensive:

428.jpg
429.jpg
430.jpg
431.jpg
432.jpg
433.jpg
434.jpg
435.jpg
436.jpg

This is for the mere pleasure of seeing and enjoying what "we did" and the truth, "it was up to all of us, it looks very well"

Hasta pronto!! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back