1/48 Heinkel He-111

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hello again, I am preparing the photos that are still in the process, but I take the opportunity to ask if anyone of you will have the decals of the circles of the RAF.
I have been in contact with Andy through PM and he suggested me sending the request from here.
I had initially decided to make them with Tamiya tape and a circular cutter, but to achieve the different circumferences and their correct alignment, will be complicated (not impossible), but it would save a lot of time without any risk.
Andy helped me identify the types. So according to the real photographs, I have "calculated" the diameter of these and their approximate location. The measure for each one is:

The underside roundel is type A, the diameter is 1 3/8 inches (35mm.).

The fuselage roundel is a type A1, 15/16 inch (23.8mm.), And

The upper wing roundel are type B, 1.5 inches (38.1mm.)

I have not found any drawing, image or scheme of our AW177, with the exact measurements and placement of these roundels.

If someone has any comments and / or has them in existence, via PM we can agree on the price and shipping.

For your attention, thanks in advance.

After giving the best drying time, I went with some files and sandpaper to soften the finish.

In this photo we can see that the thickness of the walls of the cockpit, allowed me to solve that "step" (# 5), without needing to detach the front bubble.

After replacing the panel lines and rivets, this is a general view of the areas worked
(it was not necessary to replace any masking of the windows) ...

Sponges were replaced to protect the interior ...

I took the opportunity to place the rear horizontal stabilizers at once, and put only a little putty, really the assembly was very good. ...

... and I went back to painting. Tomorrow I'm still with the rest of photos.
Today is my beautiful wife's birthday and some friends and family begin to arrive.

See you tomorrow.

Good day to all.

So the second round was applied with the RLM66. I hope it's the last one ...
(BTW, I forgot to paint the inside of the hatch door)

The sticking of the wings, did not represent a major problem, except that it is a relatively large stretch where some pressure is also exerted by the weight of the wings ...

I just had to pay attention to have the best possible alignment of the wings, with respect to the fuselage and parallel to the floor.

You can see small spaces in some parts of the joints, and in the bottom part it was better give them another pass with glue.
... and I let it dry very well ...

Gracias Andy.

... the next thing was to apply Mr.Surfacer along those joints and once also (with Vallejo´s Plastic Putty) fill those holes in the upper covers of the air intakes of the engines, referring to Terry's good observation to make the correction and achieve the most accurate replica of the true AW177 of the RAF.

... and so I'm waiting for it to start filing and sanding the putty, to improve the look I want.

It seems that I will have little time this weekend, but I will not leave the opportunity to take a moment.

I hope that the crazy and extreme climate that exists in so many places of the world, allows them to do what they like and enjoy these days as well as possible.

Saludos cordiales desde un "templado, soleado, frío, nublado, lluvioso y airoso..." México.

Wow, a lot of effort put into the nose section...
looking rather nice now.
Thanks my dear Bill, it has been a lot of work, but it has been worthwhile and discovering alternatives to solve different situations in favor of this that we love and enjoy.
I'm already fine-tuning details of the exterior of our Heinkel and then being able to can start painting.

I have some photos, maybe I'll share them before, while I'm getting ready to start painting.

Greetings to Miranda in the huge Australia

Gracias Michael, you´re right,... "mucho trabajo"

Continuing with the pictures of the weekend, the holes in the upper part of the air intakes of the engines were covered.

I took advantage to make the gaps of what the navigation lights will be.

The rails of the sliding roof window and the rear hatch were restored.

The putty in the root of the wings was sanded and I recovered the panel lines and rivets that could be lost.

I started on the right wing to deepen the slots where the stabilizers rotate and with a mini saw to cut the ends of these.
This is the photo of the left wing, where I have not done anything yet ...

This is the right wing where I finished the aforementioned.

It is not appreciated very well from afar, but here I have some approaches ...

That's all for now. I will continue with the left wing, I will mask the landing light, apply Micro Mask to all the windows and clean with alcohol the entire surface to prepare it for a first application of Primer.

To apply the primer, I'm thinking of something similar to Deck Tan (XF-55) for the lower part that will go in yellow (what color do you think that yellow color is?), and for the upper part a Dark Gray (XF-24) slightly lighter.

What are your opinions and suggestions? Regarding my idea of the Primers stage ...

Greetings.

Thanks Terry, somewhere I have a table of equivalences of paintings between several brands, out there I should find the equivalent in Tamiya or Vallejo.

About the two different colors of Primer, I've seen in some modeling videos, that taking advantage of a background color like Primer, which is similar to the color or colors that are going to be used as a final finish. A matt color.

I think it would be worth trying and seeing the result.

Muchas gracias mi estimado profesor

Users who are viewing this thread