1/48 Heinkel He-111

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

in my opinion we give a little depth in the colors so they would not have been so homogeneous, mix some green with a little yellow and green with white to give panels with them and on this a very light green hand (the green that you have as a base), and on earth something similar changing the white for the orange, so to speak, chromatology to the panels.

to do something similar to what I did here a while ago

Thanks mates.

Andy, I thank you very much and I will be waiting for the mailman to appear at my door.

Very good weathering Sergio (... quedó muy bien tu pájaro ...) is precisely what I have started to do to un-homogenize these colors.

Let have to everyone be an excellent and prosperous week.

Saludos

Post-shaded, ... done

Ready to work on the exhausts, the new gate (to the right of the cockpit), the tires, antenas, tailfin rudder balance, pitot and the dorsal gunner's sliding canopy.

And to continue maturing my 2nd project for GB # 41.
Tomorrow I visit my father. More than a year ago I give to him a P-61 Black Widow, scale 1/72 (I do not remember what brand, because I bought it in the IPMS Méx 2017 in a stand only with old kits, many with boxes open and "almost complete") Tomorrow I check for under what conditions she is (instruction sheet, decals, complete and healthy parts), and I offered to arm it so that it already exhibited it in his bookseller.

If she is reasonably "armable",... it will be my project for the GB # 41!

Greetings

Last edited:
I'm still waiting for the postman with the rondeles! (does anyone know if they already raised the wall ?? )

This is the kit decals sheet

And this is the location of the decals, ... our AW177 scheme, with paint overlaying, it should have covered several of the original printouts. I have doubts in some of them (?), Those that yes must be included (OK) and those that no (I did not mark anything)

For some of the small decals (# 5, 16, 17, 30, 38, etc.), it will be up to the RAF Dark Earth and Dark green to cover its position. I also want to assume that when the entire bottom of yellow was painted, none of the German printouts were visible.

I already have the correct position of the German crossings on the upper part of the wings ...

And as we have seen throughout the information collected, our aircraft has had 2 transformations of Luftwaffe scheme to RAF and we have also been able to deduce that several photos we have, had been taken, during the RAF repainted process.

To work on our AW177, I want to base the scheme that can be seen in the only color photograph we have in this thread ...

I can work on what allows us to see the picture,... but can´t see the port side of the fuselage and part of the starboard wing is not very clear.

Knowing the knowledge and the extensive information that many of you have, does anyone of you have the possibility to find another image, diagram or drawing? (A view from above and both sides of the entire fuselage)

I do not know if some pencil strokes are clearly seen, but it is a first idea of the scheme that I can deduce from the color photo and some others in B / W

I would try to upload my question in the section of the forum I have located (Forums> World War II - Aviation> Technical> Schematics), and some other forum partners could have the answer.

I await your comments and thanks in advance.

Saludos cordiales

Luis .. as far as the LW crosses are concerned. The AW177 being under the LW management had the crosses painted not that close to the wing tip. It may be noticed in the pic of here crashed. Please make a focus on the location of the crosses. It seems that bot the top and bottom crosses were located at the same place judging by the distance from the aileron tip.

The initial locations

and here after overpainting of the RAF roundels for participating in the propaganda movie.

After the film these overpainted RAF roundels were restored and the crosses had been overpainted what can be noticed here in the pic below.

Good observation Wojtek, about the original LW crosses (you have to have eyes for all those details).
Thanks for the information.

What is true is that the crosses that appear in the last 2 pictures of you are those that appear on the schame that I intend. It hurts to know (not to have to "invent") the "design" of the scheme that finally had our AW177. I'm already pushing my time and the dead line is approaching!

Yes these overpainted crosses appeared after the film so we can assume these were still shining through when the colour image was taken. But plese notice that the crosses applied by Brits were moved more towards the wing tips than these seen in the instruction in your post #595. See below..

Regarding the camo layout IMHO the one seen in the colour shot is the same that was during and after participating in the movie but it is just more faded with a couple of additional painting at a couple of areas, eg. the fin and rudder. I can mark them in pics if you want .

I will thank you W for that, it is only to have the space that will be in Dark Earth well identified. I think the D.Green, is only on the crosses, part of the side port of the fin and under the AW177 on the same side. The important thing is to know the port side of the central body
I think that with that I would have defined it already.
Do you think that it is worth the trouble to ask in the Schematics section?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread