1/48 Heinkel He-111

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank you all for the interest shown and your kind comments. :headbang:

After 3 days of dedicating some hours to masking, I must say that, just because it is the yellow color in the lower part,... I paid a lot of attention to avoid splashing that part with the dark colors, so it was very meticulous to work on the engine nacelles and the greenhouse.

568.jpg
569.jpg
570.jpg

The same for the wavy lines of the sides. In the starboard I am going to venture into making that wavy line in two parts. The first is already for the application of the RLM71, the intention will be to make the coincidences in the sections that will take the RLM70 :!:

566.jpg
567.jpg

The rest was just masked consciously so as not to leave a small gap. For those details, I used the Micro Mask liquid mask

571.jpg
572.jpg

All the contour of the RLM71 camu, is exceeded between 1 and 3 mm, so that with the application of the RLM70, the dimensions are well defined and the two colors are best applied. :idea: :shock:

For some straight lines I used a 3M blue tape (normal maskin tape), in the sense that it will be with the RLM70 that uses the Tamiya tapes and check very well that there is no possibility of passing the paint throu below.

The RLM71 was applied without major setbacks. I´ll have to re-mask some windows with MM :dontknow:

577.jpg
578.jpg

Pritt tak, did his work with the wavy ...

573.jpg
574.jpg

This is an approach, where you can see the distance that exceeded the first color and the guide where the second one will be limited:

579.jpg

Another pair more from other angles

575.jpg
576.jpg

... and so she spend the night ...

580.jpg

I think until Saturday morning I will start masking to apply the RLM70, to give the greatest amount of time to the cure painting.

Meanwhile, at the very best, I start working on some loose pieces still yet to attend and / or begin to investigate the project for my second participation in these GB ... now the # 41\\:D/

Saludos a todos y me dá gusto ver que estamos muy concentrados en nuestros proyectos =D> :thumbup:

Fine masking took me much of the morning.

Being the nacelles, the root of the wings in their front and tail, which took me more time.

581.jpg
582.jpg
583.jpg
584.jpg

Although there are several sections that will be re-painted with English colors, it is very important for me to do the original German airplane scheme and start from there to apply the colors that are identified in the photos in Dark Earth and Dark Green. :pompous:

The bad experiences when putting masking tapes and not checking me to check that the tape in the panel lines is well pressed, caused the paint to pass through these lines. ](*,)
I made a conscious review of all the panel lines in which some tape is crossed.

585.jpg

That's how the end of the 1st stage ended ... :doctor:

586.jpg

With almost all the maskin tape used for the first color, I "fill and cover" all the internal spaces of the RLM71
With my "blue tak", (which in my case is white) I made the continuation of the ends of that wavy starboard line ...

587.jpg

On the port side, it was only cover all that section.

588.jpg

I leave you with the masking tape "colash"
I was pleased that I virtually reused all the tape I vacated ... :angelic:

589.jpg
590.jpg
591.jpg
592.jpg
593.jpg

Now, next I´ll apply MM on the windows, some corners where it was difficult to put tape and give a revised single that there is not any space without tape and that the panel lines are well covered ...

594.jpg

... at night or tomorrow the RLM70 will be applied

Enjoy your sabadito :thumbup:

Nice patience. You could have saved yourself some time though by painting the entire model RLM 71 first and then only do the mask that you are doing now for the 70. The little bit of paint you save doing it your way is not worth the trouble of masking twice in my opinion. But if you like masking then go for it!

Andy, that's a very healthy and logical procedure and if I'm frank, I did not think about saving paint, but making time (keeping in mind that I wait for the mail to arrive) and practicing the masking.
But if I am sincere, on this occasion "it never occurred to me" to have painted all, first with 70 and masking just for the 71 one time,... as I have done in other occasions !!.
Now I think I could have gained time to start studying my project for GB # 41 ...

Well, I hope to have that time anyway!

Gracias por comentarlo amigo. :thumbup:

Last edited:
My estimated Glenn, there is nothing new: the practice, find the taste (since it is an important stage for the good result in a project), and the stubbornness of insisting on an idea, can be assured new satisfactions.

Feedback and camaraderie (I will not tire of saying it) are pure learning, inspiration and motivation.
Your comment makes me very flattered, amigo. :smug:

I'm already preparing the photos to share the latest.

Saludos :thumbup:

At night I applied the RLM 70 schwarzgrün:

595.jpg

... And I could not resist starting to remove masking colash. I gave it about 30 minutes of drying and I started carefully taking off the tapes.

596.jpg

The result was very satisfactory in general, although there was some small voids that I did not notice when I covered (and that I reviewed it thoroughly...8-[...)

597.jpg
598.jpg

With all this and that I carefully removed the tape, there was also small painting detachments.
(I still do not remove some surpluses from liquid mask)

599.jpg
600.jpg
601.jpg
602.jpg

The wavy lines were not so bad: acceptable. :-s

604.jpg
605.jpg

In the lower part, I will also have to work on some small fixes ...

606.jpg
607.jpg

As I mentioned, I liked the result, the details to correct are minimal (including I have to see if with the repainting of the English colors, some are omitted)...:-k

What do you think, some recommendation?

608.jpg
609.jpg
603.jpg

I intend to work on the upper part with a bit of post-shading, weathering and washes, so that before applying the English colors, the difference between the most widely used German painting is distinguished, that the newest re-painted. What do you think?

Saludos colegas!! :pilotsalute:

:thumbup:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back