1/48 Heinkel He-111

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It is likely that this is the complete silhouette, the part facing the wind seems to be consistent with those photos. I feel that it is a lot of speculation and without a clear image of the complete scheme, we will never end.
Maybe if in the near future I have the official diagram (I'm sure that information must exist somewhere), it will be worth doing the job (we have put a lot of effort and very useful information)

Muchas gracias mi enciclopédico amigo

IMHO the tail is clearly seen in the pics with the worn uniform. I would say there in no doubt that the lighter colour was the Dark Earth because only the colour gave the light tone while being faded. As a result there weren't the DG/DE and the yellow on the tail at the port side as the profile suggests but just the DG/ faded DE only. I think that the colour pic and these two with the new RAF insignia were taken in a short period of time between.

he111-aw1771-colour-jpg.jpg

aw177_c-jpg.jpg

aw177_d-jpg.jpg

... (I'm sure that information must exist somewhere)...

My frined , I'm afraid there in no info at all. The plane was crashed and scrapped. So nobody took care of that. There are only these pic ....

Hi and thanks Andy.
I am very impressed by the great interest and the amount of information that was gathered.
Given the impossibility of having a definitive and conclusive diagram, I have no choice but to do my best.
It has been a very good story of this aircraft.
:thumbup:

Thanks nuuumannn, your words are very kind.
I'm working on making the serial mask AW177, to paint it and also the squares that go on both sides of the vertical tail stabilizer. I can see in the photos, that the colors red, white and blue will be of the same size. There are other photos where the white stripe is thinner. I will do in which the three are of the same measure.

Today I will be out, but tomorrow I will continue, I will even place the remaining decals.
The roundels still do not arrive at my door ... !! Practically I have all the remaining pieces ready and the dead line is coming!

Aaaggrrhhh !! disgust ](*,)

We have ENJOYED the different processes, from the selection of this version, through the entertaining normal processes, improved and "improvised" (with its dose of intrigue and missteps), and I learned a lot from this my first GB.
Thanks Terry, Wojtek, Andy and Wayne ... they never cease to amaze me. :notworthy:
I'm going to hurry to advance as much as possible.
Thank you my dear colleagues, friends and judges.
Un abrazo fraterno :thumbup:

Following as far as possible with our captured girl,... from a few days ago, I used to put some of the decals.

656.jpg
657.jpg

As some days had passed, it is probable that one of you also saw the decals on the front uneven (I did frightened myself), so I checked my photographic sources ... and I can be in calm again ...

658.1.jpg

Working in the tiny letters AW177, it has been very complicated, beginning to draw them in pencil, trying the best proportion in terms of the scale ... and thinking about making the cuts with a new 11 knife to make the two masks, I think It will be a bit complicated ...

658.jpg

So I'm already looking at design, architecture and drawing shops with sheets with typography, size and white, to buy it.

I also have the exhausts ones ready, and will be until they are placed and the aircraft with bright varnish, which can give them the effects that are done with airbrush, oil paints and washes ...

659.jpg

The rearview mirror already has its "mirror" and glass, just have to paint it already placed in its position.

I also went ahead to paint the squares I had commented ...

647.jpg
648.jpg
649.jpg

... And to apply the corresponding colors

650.jpg
651.jpg
652.jpg
653.jpg

The result ...

654.jpg
655.jpg

I will wait for the paint to dry perfectly, to apply some fine sandpaper.

What do you think?

Saludos :thumbup:

Your comment is very sensible, Andy. It's something I've tried in my latest models and regardless of weathering treatments, it's a very docile sanding taking care not to alter the colors and improve the actual appearance of them.
I will take pictures of the before and after and I hope the difference is appreciated. :pompous:

Thank you very much for your opinion. :salute:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back