1/48 Henschel Hs 129B-3 - Winter War / Eastern Front WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well enough talk, best get my tail in gear and actually build something. The kit is pretty basic with not much detail but then this is a small cockpit. The front was heavily armored for its ground attack role and the sides slanted inward. There was barely room for the pilots shoulders and the instrument panel was below eye level and small. The gunsight had to be mounted outside the cockpit because there was no room inside.
So, the minimalist cockpit together and painted RML66, Fuselage interior painted, and wings together.

Attachments

• IMG_1503.JPG
    IMG_1503.JPG
    106 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_1504.JPG
    IMG_1504.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_1505.JPG
    IMG_1505.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 94
There wasn't enough room in the cockpit for all the instruments and if I recall, there were decals for the instrument gauges on each nacelle...

hs129.JPG

Geo

Thanks for the cannon info guys.

And damn Mike, went did you become the poet? Getting all philosophical while sitting out on your deck drinking margaritas?

Just an old head filled with useless and non-essential data. That's from "Essay on Man" by Alexander Pope 1732-1734. It's a philosophic poem written in heroic couplets. Popes thesis is that the limited intelligence of man can only take in tiny portions of God's universal order and can therefore experience only partial truths, hence man must rely on hope which then leads into faith.

Just an old head filled with useless and non-essential data. That's from "Essay on Man" by Alexander Pope 1732-1734. It's a philosophic poem written in heroic couplets. Popes thesis is that the limited intelligence of man can only take in tiny portions of God's universal order and can therefore experience only partial truths, hence man must rely on hope which then leads into faith.

That is some deep dope.

Bill, been thinking about that white. Wondering about what color? white. Start with an off-white or pure white and dirty it up? As I recall from my tanks, the Germans often used plain old white-wash on their tanks for winter cammo

Ok, Gentlemen, Been having some problems lately and not just using my thumbs as ersatz-analsphincters. I actually have done some work:
Cockpit interior is minimalist to say the least but then is was small and cramped with only tiny thick windows so nothing will really show
Exterior white top and hellblau underside are painted along with yellow nose and tail strip
This is the Bk 75mm cannon as supplied. Am not going to mount as I hope to get a metal one which will look much more realistic
OK now, hold on to your collective hats. I actually DRILLED TWO HOLES in the fuselage to mount 20mm cannons
AND even more startling I decided to MAKE MY OWN. Looking at the real 20mm cannons they were just barrels with no muzzel brakes SO I got some 1mm Al tubing and cut my own. How about that!!! No no please hold the applause.
Lastly the Hs in its later years mounted twin 13mm MGs. These had nice exterior detail so off to Poland we go (Wurger take note) for 1/48 scale MGs

Attachments

• IMG_1511.JPG
    IMG_1511.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_1512.JPG
    IMG_1512.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_1513.JPG
    IMG_1513.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_1514.JPG
    IMG_1514.JPG