1/48 Italeri Fw 190A-5 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Bill...............................................Moving on............................
Decals all sorted though it was a bit hectic at times. The kit is only 13 years old and being 2nd hand I've no idea how it was stored over that time and some of the decals even though coated a couple of times with Liquid Decal Film, they still wanted to fracture particularly the Balkenkreuz. The cowling flags came up short on flag, the kit provided 10 flags in 3 sets of 3 and a single, there was also no tail fin swastika decals. As luck would have it I had all that I needed in the spares box.

20230520 1.JPG

20230520 2.JPG

20230520 3.JPG

20230520 4.JPG

A bit more weathering and a couple of coats of protective coat over the decals and well start the final build. If its a good day tomorrow we should be done.

Thanks for looking in my friends, your many words of praise are much appreciated.) :D

Thanks Bill...............................................Moving on............................
Decals all sorted though it was a bit hectic at times. The kit is only 13 years old and being 2nd hand I've no idea how it was stored over that time and some of the decals even though coated a couple of times with Liquid Decal Film, they still wanted to fracture particularly the Balkenkreuz. The cowling flags came up short on flag, the kit provided 10 flags in 3 sets of 3 and a single, there was also no tail fin swastika decals. As luck would have it I had all that I needed in the spares box.

View attachment 721649

View attachment 721650

View attachment 721651

View attachment 721652
A bit more weathering and a couple of coats of protective coat over the decals and well start the final build. If its a good day tomorrow we should be done.

Thanks for looking in my friends, your many words of praise are much appreciated.) :D
Loving it

Thanks Gents. Hope to get some finished shots today, got to wait till the morning mist lifts. :D

I'm calling this one done. My thanks to all for you interest, encouragement and help with this build, it was a fun build where I was able to throw in some experimental tests with the airbrush and try out new paints and achieving what I feel were some satisfactory results.
20230522 1.JPG

20230522 2.JPG

20230522 3.JPG

20230522 5.JPG

20230522 6.JPG

20230522 7.JPG

20230522 8.JPG

:D Now to turn my attention to GB58 and my couple of Italian Falco.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back