1/48 Ju88A-4 - Mediterranean Theatre of Operations

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

that big goal to make those pictures wayne

work is very good

Last edited:
Wayne,

Coming along very nicely indeed.

What scribers do you use? Do you use a few? have a favourite go to scriber?

I have a Tamiya scriber but seems like there are many different types. For instance RB productions has interchangeable ones that attach to a hobby knife handle. Are you familiar with these?

Scribing tools : RB Productions Store, Scale models and accessories by Radu Brinzan

David, Normally use the small razor saws, or a needle to get what I want.

thanks for stopping by Fellas...

Ok time to get this bird moving along after a lot of stop start over the past week...

got the lower gondola assembled and sanded, looks sh!tty because there is some superglue worked into the surface to get it smoothed out, have glued the lower canopy section in place on the nose section to get the gondola position right.
The forward part of the gondola has been removed for a plasticard plate through which the MGFF 20 Cannon will protrude. The few photo's available shoe minor variations to each one that was fitted in this position.
I haven't found any internal shots of this installation so i have taken a tiny bit of artistic license here, first I cut a small rectangular opening in the floor above the gondola for access to the MGFF cannon as this is a really tight area and it is logical that there could have been access to the gun via the cockpit rather than just from the rear of the gondola.
To get a consistent fit and make sure the MGFF assembly sits right I have extended it just slightly within the gondola using some brass rod to connect the bits, the brass rod allows me to leave off the extended cannon barrel until later, so i avoid knocking the damn thing off during further assembly and painting, none of the internal assembly will be really visible once fitted and surrounding area painted in any event.

So here is a series of pics....first part...

Attachments

• 41_Gondola Assembled-1409.jpg
    41_Gondola Assembled-1409.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 76
  • 42_Lower Canopy Glass section_1401.jpg
    42_Lower Canopy Glass section_1401.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 72
  • 43_Gondola fit_1403.jpg
    43_Gondola fit_1403.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 68
  • 44_Canopy fit_1375.jpg
    44_Canopy fit_1375.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 68
  • 45_Lower cannon access_1380.jpg
    45_Lower cannon access_1380.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 93
  • 46_Gondola Mod_1381.jpg
    46_Gondola Mod_1381.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 74
and the second series...

Also I attached the other canopy sections as you see with masking tape, the nose to get the right distance for the MGFF cannon and the top canopy to protect the gunsight fitted and stop me from breaking off the top of the rear seat!

Attachments

• 47_MGFF 20 Cannon_1383.jpg
    47_MGFF 20 Cannon_1383.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 67
  • 48_cannon dry fit_1385.jpg
    48_cannon dry fit_1385.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 71
  • 49_Gondola Reinforcing_1392.jpg
    49_Gondola Reinforcing_1392.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 92
  • 50_MGFF cannon fit_1394.jpg
    50_MGFF cannon fit_1394.jpg