>> 1/48 Kyushu J7W1 Shinden - Prototype / Weird Aircraft / Trainers

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The Fuselage and wings glued up and the wings and elevators test fitted last night

P4212441.JPG
P4212442.JPG
P4212443.JPG

The next two builds are limited run kits so won't move along as fast.
I added the wing fins, cooling intakes and started some of the work on the seams but didn't have time to take pictures before I had to leave so pictures will have to wait until I get home the end of next week.

Keep in mind the prototype was never armed and initially had no wheels under each rudder. The wheels where only added after an over rotation on the first takeoff attempt bent the propeller.

It is certainly valid to take a literal interpretation of the prototype and depict to the point that it was historically completed, that is, with no armament, or in some other state of half completion. but I would not object to extrapolating a bit to say 'this is what she would have looked like if completed". Case in point is the TA183 being built by mike wint , this aircraft was never actually built, but it is quite okay to build in a what it might have looked like configuration. .

I'll be leaving the guns and the wheels on. It flew with the wheels on the second flight, and as for the guns, I like the look of them installed. Besides 2 of them are molded in and would be a pain to take out at this point.
I'm coming home tonight so should be starting up work again soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back