>> 1/48 Kyushu J7W1 Shinden - Prototype / Weird Aircraft / Trainers

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm with Michael. The Ta only existed on paper and as a wind tunnel model so it amazed me to see that the kit makers put in SIX different color schemes. I finally settled on the 1./JG52 1945 scheme which would have been the B-1 mod with the HeS 011 jet engine installed so this is indeed a "what might have been" model.
In other words make it what you would like it to be.

Cant wait for it Jim. If I have a vote it would go for that XF-12 Rainbow you picked up a few years ago.

Here's the work I did before my trip.

Work started on the seams on the nose trying to save as much of the detail that I can
P5112463.JPG

The cooling intakes added
P5112465.JPG

And the fins glued to the wings. It will be a miracle if I don't break off one or both of those wheels before this is over. Maybe I will make it without them :lol:
P5112466.JPG

After this post I guess my decision is made! I have a stack of 'shelf' models that I need to pick from. Having ordered some Japanese WWII kits a few months back, this Shinden being one of them, I was having a tough time deciding. I'll keep up with the progress. Keep the photos coming...

The model fits together real nice. The only downside I see to it id the raised panel line which make the finishing proses more difficult, for me at least.

Another I pulled off the unfinished shelf

I finished smoothing out the joints and cleaned up the canopy parts and dipped then in Future. My fears about the tiny wheels on the fins was justified. One broke off wile it was in storage and could not be found so I will have to scratch build another one.

P1012952.JPG
P1012957.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back