1/48 Miles Magister

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wildcat

Major
Apr 11, 2005
South East Queensland
Here's my Special hobby 1/48 Miles Magister painted to represent the sole Magister to serve with the RAAF early in the war. Overall quite a nice little kit of an interesting subject. As usual I spray painted it with Tamiya spray cans.

Attachments

• IMG_1773.JPG
    IMG_1773.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_1774.JPG
    IMG_1774.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_1775.JPG
    IMG_1775.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_1776.JPG
    IMG_1776.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_1777.JPG
    IMG_1777.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_1778.JPG
    IMG_1778.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 99
Thanks a lot guys and thanks for the likes. Apologies for the port, that's one way to slip past the forum censor! :lol: I haven't tried it yet, but according to its label, it's pretty good stuff :lol:

Wonderfully done. How did you attach the wings to the fuselage? I ask because of the way they butt join there.
I had concerns about the wing butt joints too, but surprisingly once glued to the side of the fuselage I had zero problems. I used Tamiya light curing putty for the slight gaps to avoid any sanding which worked a treat.

Andy, I would give your model bacon, but Marcel took it away for the day. I noticed that you left off some of the straps they call for on the outside. Good idea as they seem as though they would be a royal pain to paint and install.

Thanks for the nice comments guys :)
Andy, I would give your model bacon, but Marcel took it away for the day. I noticed that you left off some of the straps they call for on the outside. Good idea as they seem as though they would be a royal pain to paint and install.

Yep I did leave off some very small PE parts as these minute parts are beyond my skill set. Between modelling with the most basic of tools and a busted index finger(he got between a 44 gal drum and a steel bar), I know my limitations!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back