<-- 1/48 Mosquito PR.IX -Twin Engined Aircraft WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks very much chaps. I'm hoping to get some more done tonight, and maybe even get it finished, although ultimately it will be going on a display base of some sort.

Got the I.D. lamps glazed and coloured, using PVA and Tamiya clear colours. Still need to add an extra layer of PVA, and then re-touch and detail the lamp surrounds. Apologies for the poor pics - the bulb in my standard (non halogen) desk lamp exploded, leaving the base of the fitting in the lamp, so had to rely on straight flash.
All of the final bits and pieces have been prepared and painted, ready for fitting, although I'm struggling a bit as my hands are rather stiff to tackle delicate work.
I'm hoping to get the final bits done sometime tomorrow night.

Mosquito PR.IX Build 348.JPG
Mosquito PR.IX Build 350.JPG

Thanks chaps.
Bl**dy dangerous, these lamp bulbs !
When they 'blow' at the end of their life, they really go 'Pop !', blowing off the glass globe. Need to find some needle-nose pliers, in order to grip the remains of the bulb fitting to remove it.

Anyway, it's nearly done :-

PIC 1. The entrance door has been detailed, painted and fitted, along with the trailing aerial fairlead tube, left over from the Tamiya FB.VI kit, which has yet to be painted. The Eduard PE carb intake ice guards have been painted and fitted. These need to be retouched, and the 'mesh' area darkened slightly.
The small 'spot' below and to left of the nose window is one of the static vents, painted a brass colour.
PIC 2. The antenna mast has been fitted. This will be painted properly once the antenna wire has been attached, using 'invisible' thread, which will be done sometime tomorrow, after allowing the mast to fully set in place.

Once that's done, the props will be fitted, along with a ladder sourced from the Tamiya kit, a little re-touching done here and there and, eventually, the model will be placed on a suitable display base.

Mosquito PR.IX Build 353.JPG
Mosquito PR.IX Build 354.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back