1/48 OS2U Kingfisher, Aussie bird.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yes, I have puttied the seam and when it and the flaps are dry, a little sanding will be the order of the day.
I have some old P.E. trees that I will bend into various grab handles and tie downs, just going to do some research to make sure of the locations.
Also, I found a picture (Australian War Memorial), of two of the Kingfishers at the #1 Flying Boat Repair Depot, RAAF, Lake Boga, Victoria, Aus. dated 8/42.One is on the ramp and one in the air, Both show the RAF style roundels, typical for 1942, but the colors on the fin flashes seem to be reversed.
Any thoughts?
ADF-Serials Image Gallery :: Vought-Sikorsky OS2U-3 Kingfisher

Attachments

• Kingfisher_A48_8.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 99
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys, I am pleased with it myself.
Woljags, Some of the best detail picts were found on www.navsource.com.
I looked on the Aussie markings thread and no indication of the reversed fin flash colors, I still have some canopy masking and attaching the grab handles before painting, but sure would like to get that figured out.

Last edited by a moderator:
A big Thank You to Terry for the PM and the easy to understand lesson in old film used in WW2. I feel sure, now, that the seeming color reversal is just a result of the type of film used, and not anybody screwing up their own national markings.
After some house work, the build continues!

The kit tie down and the fixed one. Just noticed the knock-out marks on the legs, they really show up in the close up. I will have to take care of those!

Nice work Paul, she's coming along nicely. What colour scheme are you doing? camo, NMF or post war yellow?

Attachments

• 107sqnRAAF.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 135
  • 107sqnRAAF2.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 112
  • 107sqnRAAF4.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 114
  • 107sqnRAAF13.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 123
  • Rathmines_P004.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 124
  • Rathmines_P003.jpg