1/48 OS2U Kingfisher, Aussie bird.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Post-war yellow?....Hmmm....
No, I think I'll stick with the Apr/May 1942, "just delivered" with new paint at Lake Boga. Minimal weathering, RAF-style roundels.

Yes, The last two in particular. I believe, based on the markings, these are of the Kingfishers at Lake Boga. The Aussies tried several different experiments on these planes over the years. The first shows -5and -3 in the NMF that resulted in these being 6 knots faster. The second shows -4 with a mix of markings, the 1943 roundels with the RAF style fin flash. and the third picture is -18 with the later markings but no letter codes. Fourth is probably post war.
My thanks for providing these!

.30 cal. in place, and front grab handles and tie down on. Masking of the canopy and paint next.

king30.jpg

king31.jpg

Thanks guys! I have been masking the canopy parts. (Thanks for the scalpel, Charles! And, yes, I still have all my fingers.) There are alot of windows on this thing! Pictures as soon as I get done.

Not too bad Paul. :) But how are you going to put the engine replic into the fuselage if the front ring of the engine cowling is attached?

Last edited:
As is my general practice, I attach cowlings with putty or, in this case, white glue. That way I don't take the chance of breaking engine parts with masking materials, and the continuity of the paint scheme is ensured.

Wow ! What a difference a coat of paint makes. Can't wait to see the final effect.

I see you're using someone else's idea of hiding a messy workplace with the plans !!

Charles

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back