1/48 P-38 Lightning (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Some progress here.. Vallejo has done it again! A few weeks ago I decided to get some more vallejo then looked into their "model air" series for airbrushes and picked aluminum for the P-38. Dropped some into the airbrush and wow it blew gold my friends. Very little residue on the tip, no ratio mixing, and it doesnt shoot glops or have fumes go all around you so I can shoot it in my room [which i'm used to all of those from crappy paints in my airbrush]. Got so excited I tried it on the main body of the plane.. will start on step 1 soon :D

Attachments

• PICT0283.JPG
    PICT0283.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 73
  • PICT0284.JPG
    PICT0284.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 106
  • PICT0285.JPG
    PICT0285.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 79
Looking good Maglar. Particularly good job on the pilot figure, although I think he could do with a couple of steaks, to fatten him up a bit - but maybe he's been in the tropics too long!

As thin as a tack lol.. damn revell getting every bang for their buck, less plastic = more kits :D

Ok, got the cockpit done. Would have spent less time on detail if I knew it would be this tight.. oh well :eek:

Attachments

• PICT0303.JPG
    PICT0303.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 82
  • PICT0302.JPG
    PICT0302.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 86
  • PICT0301.JPG
    PICT0301.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 75
Ok guys, some progress [if you call it that]. Please take note while viewing these pictures that this is not superb weathering, its natural disaster LOL. As I went to glue the two halves together things went bad, and I always struggle with this part. So I rushed to the superglue to lock it down and then had to sand out the excess and my fingers lifted the paint and whatnot. Will re-spray tomorrow, lesson learned.. dont play with the airbrush too early in a build :D [Atleast my pilot made it into his nook.. of all things]

Attachments

• PICT0307.JPG
    PICT0307.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 108
  • PICT0308.JPG
    PICT0308.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 93
  • PICT0309.JPG
    PICT0309.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 74
  • PICT0310.JPG
    PICT0310.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 98
It has Night Fighter or observation versions and hte normal build.. omitting both and just doing the normal plane and doing the silver on black. The instructions are a little misleading IMO.

Great work so far, nice job on the pilot! Don't worry about the paint on the fuselage, you can always re-spray. :thumbleft:

I already re-sprayed but unfortunately it collected "gunk" particles and is all crummy and has those hair things.. i'm sure you know what im talking about.. I'm sure when its done it wont be too noticeable but whatever. Its mostly due to my " on the spot " handling trying to glue it down.. once again I shouldnt have rushed hte spray job :D:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back