1/48 P-38 Lightning

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Haha, when I was at the store I thought the engine opening was much bigger.. had to jam em in there.. ATLEAST its not sitting!

I just sprayed it.. due to my furious sanding the details in the middle body look dullcoted and terrible and missing.. BUT it does give the plane a sort of used look maybe

Hey Maglar, put it all down to experience, you're learning all the time. So the more you build, the more you learn.

Your P-38 is still looking fine! Looking forward to seeing painted pics :thumbleft:

Heres some pics of the re-spray, still need to do some small areas. The 2nd pic shows the detail lost from my rage :rolleyes:

Attachments

• PICT0345.JPG
    PICT0345.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 79
  • PICT0348.JPG
    PICT0348.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 65
Thats not damage, thats weathering! :) It's looking great Maglar!

P.S. I found some in progress pics of a base I built late last year, will post that thread for you soon.

I think this piece is starting to come alive fellows.. applied glosscote, all thats left is canopy, weapons on bottom, and guns in front.. this damn metalizer is still a threat to rip but seems more promising in my hand with lacquer ontop of it.

Attachments

• PICT0353.JPG
    PICT0353.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 83
  • PICT0354.JPG
    PICT0354.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 84
  • PICT0355.JPG
    PICT0355.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 90
  • PICT0356.JPG
    PICT0356.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 90
Mull, yours will look better i'm sure.. but I still need to do some paint jobs on the top, but the metallic needed the coat and I couldnt wait any longer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back