--> 1/48 P-51D - Post-War Warbirds

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

User Name: Catch22
Name: Cory
Category: Intermediate
Kit: Tamiya P-51D
Scale: 1/48
Accessories: Quickboost Props, Leading Edge Decals

Screen Shot 2015-05-28 at 8.46.52 PM.png

P-51D-25-NA RCAF Serial 9564, USAF Serial 44-72902

I don't know its history with the USAAF, but it was received by MacDonald Bros. Aviation for storage, then in April 1951 to NWAC Station Winnipeg, where it eventually became part 402 Squadron RCAF "City of Winnipeg". It eventually became a racer.

Photos: North American P-51D Mustang Aircraft Pictures | Airliners.net

I don't have a colour photo of my particular aircraft, but it will look roughly like this.

402Mustang6.jpg

Here is an additional photo of the aircraft:

img124_zps32d6d7ae.jpg

This will be interesting as I will be attempting to use Alclad again. At least it's overpainted in an aluminum lacquer, so it may make like easier.

Thanks gents. Yes Geo, I bought the F-51D boxing specifically for them, though they're molded to either the rockets themselves or some sort of rails, I don't recall off the top of my head.

I found a photo that shows a line up of 402Sqn aircraft, all but one has five attachment point per wing and no weapons pylons. Haven't found a photo of your aircraft yet though probably pretty slim.

Geo

If you've never built the Tamiys P-51D your in for a very pleaent suprise. I've built one before its a wonderful kit practly falling together. I remember test fitting it, peicing it together and having gotton the entire structure and interior together with out even a piece of tape to hold it together.

Cory, I'm doing the Tamiya P-51 for GB29, it simply falls together. It is a typical Tamiya late production kit, beautiful. If you get the Eduard set it really does help the cockpit. Take a look at my build.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back