--> **** DONE: 1/48 P-51D - Post-War Warbirds (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wildcat

Major
Apr 11, 2005
South East Queensland
User Name - Wildcat
Name - Andy
Category - Intermediate
Kit - Tamiya
Extras - RedRoo decals "Away Team Part 4 - BCOF Mustangs" + montex masks.

Sorry to throw another Mustang into the group build but I've wanted to build a RAAF BCOF bird for awhile now so this group build fits the bill perfectly. I don't have a picture of the aircraft I'm going to model only the decal sheet instructions. Here is the profile -
01_fs.jpg

Most of you are familiar with the Tamiya kit and looking at it, it seems to live up to its reputation as a nice kit. I've never built one before so am looking forward to it. Some sprue and decals shots..
IMG_3920.JPG
IMG_3921.JPG
IMG_3922.JPG
IMG_3923.JPG
IMG_3924.JPG
IMG_3925.JPG
IMG_3926.JPG

Thanks guys. A question, the decal sheet calls for an OD anti-glare panel - which is what I naturally thought it would be, however having a look at some colour photos of post war P-51's it looks to be black. Even restored examples down here are black, so what do you all think?
77sqnRAAF5.jpg
77sqnRAAF16.jpg
A68-757.jpg
P03595_001-pilot-on-mustang-450.jpg

:thumbright:

The anti-glare panel ... I would say it was of the black. If it would be of the OD its tinge would be more greyish and of the lighter tone.

Tonight I got the fuselage halves together and have started painting some of the zinc chromate areas. This really is a sweet kit, a big difference from the old Airfix models I've built recently.

IMG_3938.JPG
IMG_3939.JPG
IMG_3940.JPG
IMG_3941.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back