--> **** DONE: 1/48 P-51D - Post-War Warbirds

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I've been doing quite a bit of masking and painting over the last few days so here's a sequence of photos of it

First paint - white on the nose
P7202060.JPG

Masking off the teeth
P7272061.JPG

More masking and spraying the red mouth
P7272063.JPG

More masking for the white cheat line and eye and spraying blue
P7282064.JPG

Masking for the lightening bolts and covering up the blue on the nose getting ready for the NMF
P7292065.JPG

The mask for the blue "2" on the tail. That and the one on the other side took the better part of an hour to cut out and put on.
P7292066.JPG

The wing on, the tail attached and almost ready for the first shade of silver
P7292068.JPG

It's been a lot more work that I had thought it would be but there really was no choice as the only decals I can use are the national insignia and black numbers

The silver looks good! May I ask what paint was used? I guess we won't be able to see the results of that intricate masking until the end!

Thanks guys :)

Still have to put on the second shade of silver and the anti- glare black on before the masks come off but I'm away on vacation this week so you'll have to wait Wayne.

John, the silver is from the Floquil railroad color line of paints. Not sure they still make it though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back