--> **** DONE: 1/48 Seafire F.XVII - Post-War Warbirds

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wayne Little

Staff
Mod
Oct 7, 2006
Adelaide Sth. Aust.
Username : Wayne Little
First name : Wayne
Category : Judge – Non competing
Scale : 1/48
Manufacturer / Model : Airfix Supermarine Seafire F.XVII
Extras : Eduard Seatbelts, and some of the Cockpit Set.

Finally up and running! The subject I have chosen for this GB is the Airfix Seafire F.XVII.

The Seafire F.XVII had a very short service career, and in the case of this aircraft it continued life as part of No.741 Naval Air Squadron, Operational Flying Training Unit, Air Warfare School at St. Merryn, Cornwall, England 1947.

This aircraft was used for mock dogfights withn the Training unit, hence the rather bright Yellow markings applied it's spinner, ailerons, wingtips and elevators…

Seafire Profile.jpg
Seafire Profile.jpg
P5153339.JPG
P5153341.JPG
P5153343.JPG
P5153345.JPG
the Kit....

Last edited:
Good one Wayne. My only beef with the Airfix Spitfire kits is the size of the panel lines but otherwise a great kit.

Good one Wayne. My only beef with the Airfix Spitfire kits is the size of the panel lines but otherwise a great kit.
yeah they are a tad heavy, but like many other kits, once under a coat of paint it sort of fades into the background...so to speak..:D

Thanks Guys...

Looks similar to the Mk 22/24 molding that I'm work on. The panel lines are a touch heavy but quite acceptable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back