<> **** DONE: 1/48 PBY-5 - WW1 / WW2 over Water.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looking good Jeff. Went back over my build as I remembered I had a problem with the bottom fuselage join, one side being more bowed out than the other...

008-jpg.jpg

I don't recall any other builds with this problem so it may have been a one off. In the end I managed to tame the beast.

Looking good Jeff. Went back over my build as I remembered I had a problem with the bottom fuselage join, one side being more bowed out than the other...

008-jpg.jpg

I don't recall any other builds with this problem so it may have been a one off. In the end I managed to tame the beast.
I spent 1.5 hours last night joining the fuselage halves and I am still not done. Nothing as big as yours but lots of little gaps and I can see now the canopy doesn't fit all too well. Hope to plug away at it some more today and have a photo or two tonight.

Jeff

I like your style Jeff looking awfully good there brother.I might try the shading that way one day.;)

Very nice interior work Jeff

Jeff, put the main gear tires on, not the nose gear, attach the wing temporarily then throw some weight into the hole in the nose until she tips onto the front strut.
Don't forget to stick on the horizontal tail first or you'll come up short on the nose weight

A smidgen more progress today. The blisters and nose turret have been glued into place. The canopy is set into place and is one rotten fit which is going to require a bit of time to make it look presentable. I have decided that in order to deal with the tail heavy status of this model I am going to use a 12in X 12in slate tile and I will be gluing the three wheels into place. It makes for a decent display base and this bird is so big the 12in X 12in tile underneath her will not take up any additional space.

That is black paint just in front of the canopy, not a gap.

IMG_0263.JPG
IMG_0265.JPG
IMG_0266.JPG

Cheers,

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back