<> **** DONE: 1/48 PBY-5 - WW1 / WW2 over Water.

Agreed, good progress jeff.
 
Another update. Blue top side and rear bottom fuselage done. Gonna let her sit for a bit before I start to weather her. I'll have to retiuch the landing gear but no point till after the bottom side white is done as well.

IMG_0001.JPG
IMG_0002.JPG
IMG_0004.JPG


Cheers,

Jeff
 
Love how the color came out! Looks great!
Tamiya XF-18 Medium Blue with a bit of thinner.

Jeff
 
Nice Jeff, looking good.
 
Very nice
 
Finally back to the bench for a bit of work. I have looked at the calendar, how much there is left to do with this build and realized I better get my backside in gear here or I will miss the deadline.

Masked off the bottom in preparation of paint.

IMG_0002.JPG



Mix of white with a bit of black to knock it down some was applied to the appropriate bits and pieces.

IMG_0001.JPG


After that it was onto the wheel to have her own her own three feet.

IMG_0003.JPG
IMG_0006.JPG


Next I set the wings and tail planes into place to have a look at her. Still a lot of work to be done but she is starting to come together now.

IMG_0007.JPG


IMG_0008.JPG
IMG_0009.JPG


That is where is sits for now. Going to let the white dry really well before I weather it a bit and then future her. I plan on putting the fuselage decals on before I join the wing to the fuselage. I may pluck away at some other things today or tomorrow.

Cheers,

Jeff
 
:thumbright:
 
Glad to see you back at it Jeff.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back