<> **** DONE: 1/48 PBY-5 - WW1 / WW2 over Water.

Came out one morning to find my cat sitting on my workbench placing a paw on my tail sitter and pushing the nose down then letting go and watching it fall back on it's tail. When she saw me she gave me a look that I am positive was cat for "You need more weight up front".
 
Looking good Jeff. Went back over my build as I remembered I had a problem with the bottom fuselage join, one side being more bowed out than the other...

008-jpg.jpg

​
I don't recall any other builds with this problem so it may have been a one off. In the end I managed to tame the beast.
 
Looking good Jeff. Went back over my build as I remembered I had a problem with the bottom fuselage join, one side being more bowed out than the other...

008-jpg.jpg

​
I don't recall any other builds with this problem so it may have been a one off. In the end I managed to tame the beast.
I spent 1.5 hours last night joining the fuselage halves and I am still not done. Nothing as big as yours but lots of little gaps and I can see now the canopy doesn't fit all too well. Hope to plug away at it some more today and have a photo or two tonight.

Jeff
 
I like your style Jeff looking awfully good there brother.I might try the shading that way one day.;)
 
Very nice interior work Jeff

Jeff, put the main gear tires on, not the nose gear, attach the wing temporarily then throw some weight into the hole in the nose until she tips onto the front strut.
Don't forget to stick on the horizontal tail first or you'll come up short on the nose weight
 
A smidgen more progress today. The blisters and nose turret have been glued into place. The canopy is set into place and is one rotten fit which is going to require a bit of time to make it look presentable. I have decided that in order to deal with the tail heavy status of this model I am going to use a 12in X 12in slate tile and I will be gluing the three wheels into place. It makes for a decent display base and this bird is so big the 12in X 12in tile underneath her will not take up any additional space.

That is black paint just in front of the canopy, not a gap.

IMG_0263.JPG
IMG_0265.JPG
IMG_0266.JPG


Cheers,

Jeff
 
How tricky was the fit on the Fuselage? It looks awesome!
 
Here she is with the wings set on top and a couple of reference items, a 12in ruler and a 109.

IMG_0001.JPG
IMG_0002.JPG
IMG_0003.JPG
IMG_0004.JPG


Cheers,

Jeff
 
Good work there Jeff.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back