1/48 PZL P.11c Mirage Hobby

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

le_steph40

Chief Master Sergeant
Jan 18, 2011
Montech
www.facebook.com
Hello,

Having nothing planned until GB#53, I decided to build the only PZL P.11c that I've in my stock and which will finish in my display case (if all is ok 😁 )
Model kit is Mirage Hobby #48101
mh48101.jpg
Details here: PZL P.11c Mirage Hobby 48101
The project is the aircraft flown at the outbreak of the WW2 by the top Polish Ace Stanislaw Skalski => PZL P.11c n°64, serial very probably 8.62.
No aftermarket add-ons for this build, it will be direct from the box with only some scratch-build :)

Thanks Wojtek, effectively it's this aircraft that I just started :)
I read somewhere that the photo you posted was taken during a parade in June 1938. This aircraft is often described wearing radio equipment and wing armaments (this one is clearly visible on the photo).
But I read that most Polish pilots removed the wing armaments for maniability during air combat.
So, I think not to glue these wing armaments on my model...❓❓❓
:)

The PZL P-11c like other fighter planes of the Pulawski family wasn't going to be armed with four MGS. The basic armament were the two MGS intalled in the fuselage. The exception was P-24 that could be armed with a couple of different weapon sets. However the two MGs were still the basic one. In attempt to get a better firepower of P-11 fighter the two additional MGs in wings were added. But it really affected the flight characteristics but not that much it is believed in my opinion. But you are right, these were dismounted often. Regarding the pic above, yes it was taken in 1938 before the September Campaigne started in 1939. Because there aren't too many pictures of the 4th Regiment, 142nd Fighter Squadron planes taken in 1939 during the German invasion there is no proof the wing MGs either were there or not. IMHO these were still there.
Regarding the radio set ... the squadron and section commanders had the equipment installed. Skalski was the section commander and his P-11c had the radio set mounted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back