1/48 Roden OV-1

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Paul6187

Airman
May 24, 2012
Mounds,Ok
I got this a few months back and have been putting it off for a while. Its really ugly and reminds me of a H-2 Seasprite Lamps II. I have been wanting to do this for a while now and figured no time like the present.

This is the Roden OV-1D, I think it is a fair kit but has some issues that aren't all that difficult to handle, One is the pit. You have to really insure that you get the right idea on this scheme that I would recommend studying a walk around to get an idea as how the interior is painted.

The second is the canopy. At this time i have not installed it but I only dry fitted it and see that its a challenging piece so look carefully and glue once. The wind screen has to be installed first so the canopy has something to sit on while it drys. The third is the lack of locator pins in the fuselage, there are plenty of holes but only two locator pins.

The wings and tail fit to the fuse really well and tight so you may get away with painting all the parts separately and then assembling them with out a hint of filler.
But be sure to test fit before you go there.

005-4.gif

003-8.gif

002-12.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back